F
FromTheAshes777
Guest
Greetings all,
I have been studying the Catholic Faith and occassionally attending Mass and prayerfully considering starting RCIA at my local parish. Anyways, I was looking around on local parishes’ websites for Christmas Eve Mass times and have noticed that many parishes are having “Penance Services” during Advent.
With everything I have read and experienced about The Church, I have yet to encounter or hear about a “Penance Service”. Can someone explain exactly what these are? I’ve never seen them referenced in anything about the Church that I’ve read so far.
Thanks,
Josh
I have been studying the Catholic Faith and occassionally attending Mass and prayerfully considering starting RCIA at my local parish. Anyways, I was looking around on local parishes’ websites for Christmas Eve Mass times and have noticed that many parishes are having “Penance Services” during Advent.
With everything I have read and experienced about The Church, I have yet to encounter or hear about a “Penance Service”. Can someone explain exactly what these are? I’ve never seen them referenced in anything about the Church that I’ve read so far.
Thanks,
Josh