C
Christine85
Guest
I am not sure whether this is in the right section of posting. I just saw a post from a friend on fb who wrote I don’t understand whats with religious people being against abortion if its my own body and baby I can do as I wish~ this is a male that was posting… he wrote obviously I’m not pregnant but he was obviously trying to make a point about how “religious” people try to get people who want to have an abortion not to. He sees it as imposing your beliefs on someone.
I guess there are some in the Pro life movement who go about it the totally wrong way by using the whole murder idea and rubbing that in. But I am not sure there is really anything wrong with peacefully making a point that it is wrong. If it were not for the people who peacefully make a point of the wrongness then it may be a lot worse than it already is. Sure we know we cannot force people to change their minds or to tell them what to do, but we have a concern about not only their welfare but the welfare of their child. It is not about forcing beliefs on anyone for control, it is about the core point of life that is at stake. Sadly I think many people forget that and start to think we are somehow doing them harm by saying abortion is wrong. Knowing people that have had an abortion I 100% disagree with my friend that it is just a case of imposing our beliefs, no it is a case of love. Love for the mother who if has an abortion will likely regret it for the rest of her life, and love for the child.
I guess there are some in the Pro life movement who go about it the totally wrong way by using the whole murder idea and rubbing that in. But I am not sure there is really anything wrong with peacefully making a point that it is wrong. If it were not for the people who peacefully make a point of the wrongness then it may be a lot worse than it already is. Sure we know we cannot force people to change their minds or to tell them what to do, but we have a concern about not only their welfare but the welfare of their child. It is not about forcing beliefs on anyone for control, it is about the core point of life that is at stake. Sadly I think many people forget that and start to think we are somehow doing them harm by saying abortion is wrong. Knowing people that have had an abortion I 100% disagree with my friend that it is just a case of imposing our beliefs, no it is a case of love. Love for the mother who if has an abortion will likely regret it for the rest of her life, and love for the child.