V
Voice_of_Reason_1
Guest
In one sense, there is no foul for a woman achieving an orgasm through cunnalingus because she does not have the capacity to “spill seed” or nullify the procreative aspect of sex (because the orgasm doesn’t first have the option of being necessary for it). On the other hand, oral sex for the woman is still completely ungeared towards procreation (which is necessary for conjugal duty, save for this arbitrary exception by Mr. West). Felatio is not geared towards procreation either, but it’s wrong for the simple matter-of-fact of “seed-spilling?” That seems a little petty (or at least harnasses a huge double standard). It’s not as if I don’t have a million of those guys swimmin’ around in there. Really, I could have a fresh batch cooked up in 10 minutes if the procreative act was in dire need of tending. In any event…You are correct that female orgasm is not required for an act of sexual intercourse to be open for life (although there are studies that suggest that the contractions of the uterus may aid in conception), but there are two aspects to sex- the procreative AND the unitive. No, the husband does not have to bring his wife to orgasm, but sex is supposed to be a way for a husband and wife to show their love for one another, and the loving thing for a husband to do is to bring his wife to orgasm if she is unable to during sex.
This is different because the male and female orgasm are different. One is necessary for creating new life, the other isn’t. But in both cases, it is only licit during an act of completed intercourse, foreplay included. The female orgasm occurring before or after intercourse does not affect her ability to conceive. The male orgasm occurring anywhere except his wife’s vagina renders the vaginal intercourse sterile- making it a sin.
Open to life: act must not be intentionally sterilized in any way- either birth control or ejaculation out side of vaginal intercourse (some of the basis for this is the story of Onan, who “spilled his seed” on the floor before in order to avoid giving his brother children by his widow)
Unitive: sex is an expression of love between a husband and wife. Now, I’m chaste so I can’t say from experience, but I get the feeling I wouldn’t feel very loved if my future husband was the only one who got to fully enjoy sex. Sex is meant to bring a couple closer together, a physical expression of their love. As I said, a husband does not have to bring his wife to orgasm, but what loving husband would deny his wife the full enjoyment of sex?
(unfortunately I have an early class tomorrow and must go to bed. I look forward to continuing this discussion later)
Spilling the seed must be an intrinsic evil in itself, because it cannot be evil for the sheer lack of procreative direction (because if that were the case, no exception could be made by God, or Christopher West, for the woman’s orientation towards intercourse, despite the intolerable circumstances).