Permissibility of praying to increase one's social class/caste

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy4
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can pray for whatever you like.
There are certainly things we shouldn’t pray for - not just evil things, but also unimportant things, like “that this team wins the Superbowl” (unless there is some special reason for this, like you’re related to a player).

Also, your story is excellent and hilarious. 👍

Last edited:
I see it as a form of masculinty,(in a male), im not saying the poor are girly but the desire itself of wanting to be an aristocrat, I consider it manly.
I’m sorry but that’s really weird.
I know a lot of very masculine working-class men. Some are my family and friends.

I can see a man wanting to make more money in order to provide for his family, give his children a good education and start in life, make his parents proud of him etc. but “wanting to be an aristocrat?”
I take it you’re not from the US because this literally makes me as a US American want to just laugh for a half hour. Who would even want that nowadays?

Also, this is your first post? Is this a serious question you ask? It seems more unusual the more you post in the thread.

Last edited:
I’m rather curious what country, but for you this one is up to God. Pray for anything, but it’s always going to be if God wills it, not if you want it.

Hell is full of good meanings, but heaven is full of good works

For politics, you want people to trust you, so you’ll have to do trustworthy things, not worry about “manly” things.

I take it you’re not from the US because this literally makes me as a US American want to just laugh for a half hour. Who would even want that nowadays?
Even coming from a country that still has a royal family and a noble class, I find that very strange. The main route to being made “noble” in Britain is to be a politician or else to retire from the uppermost ranks of the judiciary, the civil service, military and police officers, and Anglican bishops. Although they are technically nobility, they are not really thought of as such, as the status is for the lifetime of the holder of the title only. One recently ennobled peer, Lord Bird, used to wash dishes in the parliamentary canteen. It certainly isn’t considered particularly manly to be a peer of the realm. Indeed, many peers of the realm are now women.

The fact is that this country, like the United States, was built on the labour of working-class men (and women): soldiers, sailors, farmhands, coalminers, quarrymen, navvies, workers in the textile mills and steel mills. My grandfather was a senior NCO, a tool maker, and, after the death of his first wife, a single parent. After the war, he didn’t even accept the medals to which he was entitled, so I’m sure he never contemplated becoming an aristocrat.

I’m sorry, but this sounds like a Savior complex. Are you willing to accept God’s will if it is different from yours?

So, this is about politics, it is not about charity or sacrifice for others?

Jesus was the example of the perfect man. He lived a life of service to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back