A
alex_alvarenga
Guest
I think God wants us to TRY…being perfect is his job, thats just my opinion and prayer does help believe me I have felt God’s hand on my shoulder many times
Hi Alex, you are right, the vices can prevent you from getting closer to God; Focus instead on VIRTUES that are the direct opposite of those particular vices - Read here for more: familyland.be/mercy/53b-seven-capital-virtues-and-seven-capital-sins.html. . . . I want to be a good catholic man but I have many vices that I cant seem to break. I have some carryover problems that are stuck to me like leaches from my old atheist days, notably, a problem with addictions to certain things. I only ask for some sort of advice in getting rid of addictions. I have attempted fasting, reading the bible, but still, i cant break through. Sometimes I pray, but I dont feel it most of the time. It is affecting my spirituality because I feel that these vices are preventing me from fully being with God. Thank you for listening. -Alex
That’s funny.Um, Alex hassn’t posted here since 2005. This thread is nearly 5 years old