Stop with the left stuff… did you notice climategate went away fairly rapidly? because it’s still just a few scientists saying the theory might not be correct. It’s like people saying since it’s cold that global warming isn’t happening… which just show ignorance about the theory. It’s the warming that is melting the ice which is causing climate change, partially because of the currents in the North Atlantic and this global warming is causing the winters to be more extreme… God gave us this planet and it’s animals to take care, we are partially responsible.
No one is saying go back to the stone age… people are just saying that we need to be looking for other sources and be more responsible with what we have… and that is a Christian message.
But I digress…
Yes you are correct in that killing babies is a lot different than a lie. But a policy of misinformation is still a policy. If you break that then you can’t put a video there.
Is abortion murder? yes… but do most pro-choice people believe that? No. Lying and violence isn’t going to fix that issue. Education is going to fix it. Have you noticed that the number of abortion Dr’s is going down? They are dying off… why? One reason is because of technology and education. The more people can SEE that it’s not a clump of cells and the more young physicians have to rotate through OB makes them less likely to want or agree to do that. SO MUCH SO that I have seen some pro-choice extremist want to give tuition cuts to Dr’s who would agree to abort babies for a few years… they are scared.
The other thing is that more and more Americans are seeing this as murder… but not all. I know a lot of good, moral individuals from my previous church (convert) who love kids, work in daycare have big families etc… but are pro-choice because they just don’t believe life begins at conception. Most are against late term but otherwise they are pro-choice. Are they murderers for supporting that or are they ignorant of the truth? I would have to argue the latter.
And would I help any of those children… of course, I use to work in Childlife and have 4 sons. Do I believe that sometimes morals are relative based upon situation? Yes actually I do to some small degree (which is what you are suggesting) but the Catholic Church has been against moral relativism for the most part which is why I was asking
I’m also attaching this link as I believe it would be educational based upon your reply post to Mark77. Realize that neither party truly represents a Christian message… in fact statistically, neither party represents a pro-life solution either… the political situation of abortion is quite a paradox in American politics.
johncwright.livejournal.com/303511.html (Shamelessly stolen from NewAdvent)
Joe