Piers Anthony (WARNING)

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigShelf
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigShelf

Guest
I recently read a book by this author and decided to do a google search of him to find a list of his works. In addition to that list I also found several articles about the pedophilia and other bad things that he’s put in some of his novels, as well as some quotes from him on how he doesn’t see pedophilia as wrong. I won’t link to the articles as they have several disturbing quotes from his “adult novels” (involving five and ten year old girls in sex scenes. yuck) and can be easily found by doing a google search of his name.

I felt the need to warn everyone about what sort of author this man truly is. His more popular works are (at least in appearance) much more innocuous and even marketed to a young audience, so I was dismayed when I found out what this guy was really up to with his writing.
 
I enjoyed some of his early books, after I read his short story “In the Barn” in one of Harlan Ellison’s Dangerous Visions anthologies I couldn’t read any more of his work. The plot is so disgusting, so anti-female, so anti-humanity, and so pedophilic I wanted nothing to do with it.

There are other SF writers whose support for NAMBLA means I won’t read them - Samuel Delaney and Marion Zimmer Bradley being two.
 
I enjoyed some of his early books, after I read his short story “In the Barn” in one of Harlan Ellison’s Dangerous Visions anthologies I couldn’t read any more of his work. The plot is so disgusting, so anti-female, so anti-humanity, and so pedophilic I wanted nothing to do with it.

There are other SF writers whose support for NAMBLA means I won’t read them - Samuel Delaney and Marion Zimmer Bradley being two.
I’ve never read Delaney-----I know he’s homosexuall, though------

But Bradley? Seriously? Where in her work does she advocate support for NAMBLA and/or child molestation. :eek:

I’m serious in the question. 😊
 
Not only that G. R. R. Martin has strong and independent female characters who do have their dignity intact in a world where men are valued more than women in society. Whereas Anthony is misogynist and, shall I say, immature in his style. Anthony’s like the Michael Bay of fantasy writing if I may use a comparison hehehe
 
I’ve never read Delaney-----I know he’s homosexuall, though------

But Bradley? Seriously? Where in her work does she advocate support for NAMBLA and/or child molestation. :eek:

I’m serious in the question. 😊
The SF author Stephen Goldin has an overview of the affair, with excerpts from depositions and a timeline, on his site: sff.net/people/stephen.goldin/mzb/index.html

Marion Zimmer Bradley was convicted on a federal child pornography charge prior to her marrying Walter Breen, an SF fan who was an avowed pederast and a convicted child molester. Breen was banned from attending science fiction conventions after his pederastic obsessions became known, a controversy that became known as the BreenDoggle Controversy (breendoggle.wikia.com/wiki/Breendoggle_Wiki) in American faanish circles. Bradley edited and probably helped write one of her husband’s books defending pedophilia, titled “Greek Love” (still available on Amazon) under a pseudonym, which argued for a historical basis for pederasty. Breen used the book to try to persuade the judge in his trial for sexual assault of a seven year old boy, for which he received 13 years in San Quentin.

Bradley’s own daughter has publicly stated that her mother raped her on more than one occasion. (Her statements are here: deirdre.net/marion-zimmer-bradley-its-worse-than-i-knew/, in the main body and in the comments.) One of Bradley’s lesbian lovers testified in a 1998 legal deposition that she was aware Marion Zimmer Bradley sexually harassed and tortured her own daughter, and raped her own son as well. Copies of the deposition are here, but it’s horrifying reading: sff.net/people/stephen.goldin/mzb/lisa_excerpts.html

Delaney has been quoted in defense of NAMBLA, and is (I am told, no person in their right mind would ever go there) quoted on their website. This is a quote from Delaney on WikiQuotes:

“I read the NAMBLA (Bulletin) fairly regularly and I think it is one of the most intelligent discussions of sexuality I’ve ever found. I think before you start judging what NAMBLA is about, expose yourself to it and see what it is really about. What the issues they are really talking about, and deal with what’s really there rather than this demonized notion of guys running about trying to screw little boys. I would have been so much happier as an adolescent if NAMBLA had been around when I was 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.” (Source: en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Samuel_R._Delany) If that is accurate, and I don’t think Delaney has ever denied the quote, then eew.
 
I recently read a book by this author and decided to do a google search of him to find a list of his works. In addition to that list I also found several articles about the pedophilia and other bad things that he’s put in some of his novels, as well as some quotes from him on how he doesn’t see pedophilia as wrong. I won’t link to the articles as they have several disturbing quotes from his “adult novels” (involving five and ten year old girls in sex scenes. yuck) and can be easily found by doing a google search of his name.

I felt the need to warn everyone about what sort of author this man truly is. His more popular works are (at least in appearance) much more innocuous and even marketed to a young audience, so I was dismayed when I found out what this guy was really up to with his writing.
Thanks for the heads up. I really liked his novel Night Mare. And I like his fantasy novels too. I guess he’s entitled to his opinion on things but he better not do anything wrong or he’ll end up in the slammer. If he’s writing graphic novels as the rest of this thread has mentioned, graphic novels about children or teens in sexuality that could be a crime. Well I like his books but don’t agree with his views. And I won’t read anything pedophilia or pedastry related.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top