Pietro Yon's Mass of the Shepherds: Plase Help Me Find!

• Thread starter Thread starter DominvsVobiscvm
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DominvsVobiscvm

I’m trying to find a recorded copy of Pietro Yon’s beautiful “Mass of the Shepherds.” Is there anyone who’s heard this Mass, and know what I’m talking about? If so, do they know how I can find a recording?

40.png
DominvsVobiscvm:
I’m trying to find a recorded copy of Pietro Yon’s beautiful “Mass of the Shepherds.” Is there anyone who’s heard this Mass, and know what I’m talking about?
No, but that has never stopped me from giving advice if I can. 😃
If so, do they know how I can find a recording?
youngsmusic.com/

You might try here. They used to carry it according to my search. I don’t know if they still do. I think you can ask them though about finding it. It looks to be their nitch.

I e-mailed youngsmusic some time ago, and never received a reply.

😦

40.png
DominvsVobiscvm:
I e-mailed youngsmusic some time ago, and never received a reply.

😦
Have you tried the GIA one? I saw it in their online store.

40.png
Marie:
Have you tried the GIA one? I saw it in their online store.
Well, maybe not. I just checked them again and I can’t find it. :eek:

Earlier tonight I had googled and it took me to them and it was there. Now I can’t find it again. Bummer! Maybe it was and old link I came across.

giamusic.com/

40.png
DominvsVobiscvm:
I’m trying to find a recorded copy of Pietro Yon’s beautiful “Mass of the Shepherds.” Is there anyone who’s heard this Mass, and know what I’m talking about? If so, do they know how I can find a recording?

Did you ever find a copy of Pietro Yon’s Mass of the Shepherds? If so where? I also would like a copy. Thank you.

I know I’m a bit of a johnny-come-lately here, but I notice that at present, there are a few movements of it on Youtube.

There are no “recordings” of it that I’m aware of, and I’m sure the music is long out of print. I would try eBay from time to time - copies do turn up. I should know…got a copy of the English version (1965) on there around Christmas time last year.

This was one of the preeminent Masses in the middle of the 20th century. No current settings–none of them–even come close. I plan to teach the Agnus Dei to my church choir for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back