Pinterest / Pornterest

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gordon_Sims
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A google search turned this up.

They’ve been cloned…if your tag “Everything” you will get sent to a copycat site:
pornterest.

Pornterest: the Pinterest clone for porn content - buzz museum
www.buzzmuseum.com › picture buzz
Apr 27, 2012 - This is what is happening when you launch a successful website, you’re getting cloned! First it was the Pinspire copycat from the Samwer’s …etc.

Somehow you got logged on to a copycat site…doing harm to the reputable site.
 
A google search turned this up.

They’ve been cloned…if your tag “Everything” you will get sent to a copycat site:
pornterest.

Pornterest: the Pinterest clone for porn content - buzz museum
www.buzzmuseum.com › picture buzz
Apr 27, 2012 - This is what is happening when you launch a successful website, you’re getting cloned! First it was the Pinspire copycat from the Samwer’s …etc.

Somehow you got logged on to a copycat site…doing harm to the reputable site.
That’s funny that there’s actually a site named Pornterest. I thought I was being clever and original. For the sake of argument I checked again. I’m definitely on Pinterest and some of the content is still there but not as much as before. Is it possible it’s drawing its suggestions from what my Facebook friends like? I’m guessing at that because one friend posted a whole bunch of borderline inappropriate pictures overnight from a variety of photographers and my suggestions now include pages for a couple of those photographers plus a bunch of similar, raunchier artists. I also have a friend who posted a bunch of stuff about comic books and my suggestions are loaded with comic book pages. There were still some suggestions for porn stars and a few images even worse than I saw before. I’ve seen enough and am blocking the site. Hopefully it won’t hamper my other searches or block me from the craft, etc. sites I want to get to, but I don’t need the stuff I saw on my computer at any time, especially if there’s a possibility my kids will be around.
 
Gordon, yes! There is a way that you can connect Facebook and Pinterest and that may be how you are getting suggestions. Go back to your profile on Pinterest and check your settings so they don’t connect to Facebook.

Then you will be free to just find “the good stuff!”

I find tons of good stuff there to build, or cook, or wear or create. Links to good stuff too. Try it again!
 
I have used Pinterest for several years and not had one episode of anything inappropriate happen. I appreciate the warning but have to wonder what has gone on in your experience.
Ditto. I’ve searched for many different things and NEVER seen anything anywhere near a porn post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top