Pirated Software at Work

  • Thread starter Thread starter yu4
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yu4

Guest
The place I work provide me with pirated software that I need to my work. What should I do? I can’t just refuse to use, they will never understand and they would never buy the original version.
 
Last edited:
Is there some way to complain to the business anonymously they would have to act on it or is it a small private business. They are breaking the law
 
I live in a country that this is so widespread that it would be treated like a joke probably.
 
For genuine peace of mind, is it possible for you to speak to your priest?
Alternatively if our generous CAF member who is a priest has any free moment from his own busy ministries, and can respond, you can trust his answers.
@edward_george1

God bless you for your integrity and sincere concern.
 
I see - that’s a tough one I wouldn’t like it - maybe start looking else where for a job and when you find one quit or maybe someone has a better idea. Good luck
 
Last edited:
The software in question is Autocad, it costs almost a minimum wage per month here in my country and really almost no company uses the original version, just very very large ones. If I tried to discuss about it I would look like a crazy fool anywhere around here. The question of copyright is much more rigid in USA, in my country pirate is just largely widespread. I, myself, just realize that what I was doing was wrong and scrapped all pirate stuff from my computer, but in work is much more complicated.
 
I know the software its expensive - its heavily pirated in North American too. I work for a major aerospace company and use CATIA a very high end program you would like it.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top