Play by Play v. Color Commentary

  • Thread starter Thread starter Randy_Carson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
RR1213-

I wish to apologize most sincerely.

I did not realize that your family is considering “crossing the Tiber”, and this explains why I have often felt a kinship in some of your posts while scratching my head over others. You’re a “work in progress”! And I’m thrilled to hear you may be joining us. Soon I hope!:clapping:

As for the John the Baptist stuff, I have no probably stating openly that what I have written is just my own theorizing and speculating. I have never read a Church document that commented on the sinlessness of JtB.

I throw out the ideas, however, to give some pause to those non-C’s who seek to bring down Mary by having them think a little more deeply (probably for the first time) about JtB.

Again, my apologies for my comments toward you. I’ll try to remember your “in training” status in the future. 🙂

Peace.
You don’t need to apologize Randy. I’d be lying if I said that I hadn’t intended my question to be at least somewhat sarcastic in nature so I shouldn’t be surprised that you would be offended. 😉

Yes, my wife and I are actively considering conversion and have been doing so for over a year. She describes herself as being up to her neck in the Tiber, I’d say that I’m standing on the banks with the waters running through my toes. Somedays I think that we should “just do it and do it now” and other times I think “no way.” Neither of us are satisfied with our current state of limbo, and we find ourselves becoming more Catholic in our beliefs for various reasons, yet we are not comfortable with converting at this time. I know that this rambling post probably does not make much sense when you are looking at it from the other side, but that’s pretty much where we are.:o
 
You don’t need to apologize Randy. I’d be lying if I said that I hadn’t intended my question to be at least somewhat sarcastic in nature so I shouldn’t be surprised that you would be offended. 😉

Yes, my wife and I are actively considering conversion and have been doing so for over a year. She describes herself as being up to her neck in the Tiber, I’d say that I’m standing on the banks with the waters running through my toes. Somedays I think that we should “just do it and do it now” and other times I think “no way.” Neither of us are satisfied with our current state of limbo, and we find ourselves becoming more Catholic in our beliefs for various reasons, yet we are not comfortable with converting at this time. I know that this rambling post probably does not make much sense when you are looking at it from the other side, but that’s pretty much where we are.:o
Are you tied into those Epicopalian Churches in the DC area that have recently withdrawn from the Anglican communion?
 
Are you tied into those Epicopalian Churches in the DC area that have recently withdrawn from the Anglican communion?
I am familiar with the situation and I know people who attended Truro and The Falls Church, which are the largest of the parishes to withdraw from the Diocese of Virginia, but I’m a bit farther south.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top