Please advice on way forward for discordant married people

  • Thread starter Thread starter mabi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mabi

Guest
I am glad to share this with you so you could assist me with the way forward.

I got married in church in June 2006 and was kicked out of my matrimonial home by my husband who immediately brought in another woman because i tested HIV+ during prenatal clinic for our first born child and my husband turned negative.

My question is in regard to Church advice on Marriage Annulment/divorce for discordant couples and the way forward if one of the party is not willing to live or stay with the other. We visited several church priests for advice and counsel but the man insisted he could not stay with a HIV + person. I feel lonely and would like if possible to have a companion but don’t know what to do? Please help.

Thank you:thankyou:
 
Hi there…

I’ll take a stab at this.

First off, you have my prayers for your terrible situation!

Secondly, How could your husband not have known about your HIV status? Did you not tell him or did it come about after the marriage? The likelihood of being granted a decree of nullity if you withheld this critical bit of info is (and this is my opinion only so please…) is strong. If you contracted the virus after the vows, then I’d say it depends on how exactly that happened. I’ve been through the process myself and found out a lot about the impediments to a sacramental marriage.

Since I’m first to respond I’ll say…Please talk to your priest and get proper advice on this. I’m just an average schmoe.
 
Hi there…

I’ll take a stab at this.

First off, you have my prayers for your terrible situation!

Secondly, How could your husband not have known about your HIV status? Did you not tell him or did it come about after the marriage? The likelihood of being granted a decree of nullity if you withheld this critical bit of info is (and this is my opinion only so please…) is strong. If you contracted the virus after the vows, then I’d say it depends on how exactly that happened. I’ve been through the process myself and found out a lot about the impediments to a sacramental marriage.

Since I’m first to respond I’ll say…Please talk to your priest and get proper advice on this. I’m just an average schmoe.
HIV exposure is without symptoms and she most likely did not know until she became pregnant and had the test. HIV testing isn’t really routine.

For the OP, I suggest speaking to a good priest regarding the possibility of annulment in your case.

I’m sorry that you have HIV, please follow your medication regimen so you can stay healthy.

Praying for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top