I
Irish_Becca
Guest
I’m pleading with all who read this to please continue to pray for my husband and I, and our children. My husband has quit drinking and has been sober for 4 weeks, attending AA meetings. He is in counseling about his childhood, and learning how to be in a relationship and a healthy marriage. We love eachother very much and I desperately want this marriage to work. He says he does, too, but I have a lot of trust issues with him and feel very insecure. I hope he wants this to work, too. I’m looking at the AA and counseling as indications of that.
I’m back in Ohio to stay with my parents for a while. After Christmas, I found an email from a friend of ours, his best friend’s wife (who I thought was a friend of mine, too). In this email, she professed her love for my husband and was begging him to be with her. Needless to say, I was devastated. This email was dated Dec 4, and evidently, there was a confrontation between my husband, his best friend, and the wife. I was never told about this email at all, by any of them. This lady has a drinking problem and has also professed her love to me, so she is a little strange. She says she got drunk and was crying and sent the email, and immediately regretted it. My husband says he’s never really even had much of a conversation with her, and though he had an idea that she had a crush on him, was very surprised by the email. In any case, I decided that was my breaking point and came to stay with my parents while I take more offline classes. My parents, especially my dad, are fed up with my husband and my dad really just wants me to leave him now.
I don’t want to leave him, because I love him and he has made a lot of progress. We still have a lot to work through but I still have faith in him. The children simply adore him. His counseling is going really well. But he is still hanging out with his best friend, sometimes while the wife is around when he goes over to their house. I am really uncomfortable with this and wish he would just keep to himself or hang out with people at AA meetings. He says he will do this, but he will miss his friendship with his best friend. I am so exhausted and this probably isn’t making a lot of sense. I’m sorry.
Please pray for us.
I’m back in Ohio to stay with my parents for a while. After Christmas, I found an email from a friend of ours, his best friend’s wife (who I thought was a friend of mine, too). In this email, she professed her love for my husband and was begging him to be with her. Needless to say, I was devastated. This email was dated Dec 4, and evidently, there was a confrontation between my husband, his best friend, and the wife. I was never told about this email at all, by any of them. This lady has a drinking problem and has also professed her love to me, so she is a little strange. She says she got drunk and was crying and sent the email, and immediately regretted it. My husband says he’s never really even had much of a conversation with her, and though he had an idea that she had a crush on him, was very surprised by the email. In any case, I decided that was my breaking point and came to stay with my parents while I take more offline classes. My parents, especially my dad, are fed up with my husband and my dad really just wants me to leave him now.
I don’t want to leave him, because I love him and he has made a lot of progress. We still have a lot to work through but I still have faith in him. The children simply adore him. His counseling is going really well. But he is still hanging out with his best friend, sometimes while the wife is around when he goes over to their house. I am really uncomfortable with this and wish he would just keep to himself or hang out with people at AA meetings. He says he will do this, but he will miss his friendship with his best friend. I am so exhausted and this probably isn’t making a lot of sense. I’m sorry.
Please pray for us.
