A
AbbeyLane
Guest
My dh and I have been married 28 years. Unfortunately our lives are currently filled with
more stress than usual and it’s taking a toll. We have 3 children.
Dh kicked our oldest (age 22) out of the house back in November alot due to son not wanting to take responsibility and work or go to school. We’ve not heard from him though he has occasionally contacted his 17 year old brother and 14 year old sister.
I miss my son terribly though I don’t miss the unaccountability and the example he was setting for our younger children.
My dh and I are also self employed and although our business is faring well considering the economy there is still alot of stress. This last year we have only been sleeping in the same bed maybe once a week. One of us usually falls asleep on the sofa and no longer bother to go to bed. Tonite my husband left after a brief argument.
This has happened a couple of times before this last year and I always call an ask him to come home. It’s usually only a few hours he’s gone. Tonight he told me he wasn’t coming back and I angrily said it was getting easier for him to leave. As sad as I am I am also very tired. My husband is a very loving man but can also be very immature and suffers from low self esteem. No one would ever imagine this because he has been very successful but he is very humble and doesn’t take anything for granted. I feel his low self esteem comes from his childhood, his father abandoned his mother and siblings and they suffered much. His mother became an alcoholic and died when dh was 19.
I love my husband and children and I do value our marriage. However his low self esteem
and perfectionism is taking a toll. I know after awhile I become very sad and will want
him to come back home. But part of me prefers I could just stay fed up and angry and not want him back for either myself or our children. I know that it is wrong to think that way but that is how I feel. I need prayers, advice and hope someone can give me words of wisdom. I also need help to get through the situation with our oldest son. I know tough love is what he needs right now but there are days it is very difficult for me not to want to
call him though he doesn’t want to talk to me or his father.
Thanks again for listening and for your prayers.
God Bless
Abbey
But part of me wants to stand my ground and just say enough is enough. I
more stress than usual and it’s taking a toll. We have 3 children.
Dh kicked our oldest (age 22) out of the house back in November alot due to son not wanting to take responsibility and work or go to school. We’ve not heard from him though he has occasionally contacted his 17 year old brother and 14 year old sister.
I miss my son terribly though I don’t miss the unaccountability and the example he was setting for our younger children.
My dh and I are also self employed and although our business is faring well considering the economy there is still alot of stress. This last year we have only been sleeping in the same bed maybe once a week. One of us usually falls asleep on the sofa and no longer bother to go to bed. Tonite my husband left after a brief argument.
This has happened a couple of times before this last year and I always call an ask him to come home. It’s usually only a few hours he’s gone. Tonight he told me he wasn’t coming back and I angrily said it was getting easier for him to leave. As sad as I am I am also very tired. My husband is a very loving man but can also be very immature and suffers from low self esteem. No one would ever imagine this because he has been very successful but he is very humble and doesn’t take anything for granted. I feel his low self esteem comes from his childhood, his father abandoned his mother and siblings and they suffered much. His mother became an alcoholic and died when dh was 19.
I love my husband and children and I do value our marriage. However his low self esteem
and perfectionism is taking a toll. I know after awhile I become very sad and will want
him to come back home. But part of me prefers I could just stay fed up and angry and not want him back for either myself or our children. I know that it is wrong to think that way but that is how I feel. I need prayers, advice and hope someone can give me words of wisdom. I also need help to get through the situation with our oldest son. I know tough love is what he needs right now but there are days it is very difficult for me not to want to
call him though he doesn’t want to talk to me or his father.
Thanks again for listening and for your prayers.
God Bless
Abbey
But part of me wants to stand my ground and just say enough is enough. I