E
Epistemes
Guest
I wish I had more friends. Like, I wish there were more people to do things with, like go out to eat, see movies with, chat about books.
Everyone has moved away or is moving away soon. My folks worry that I spend too much time alone in my room reading, which is all I do, really. There’s my co-workers, but if I’m not somehow turned off by their sinful lifestyles then they’re married with other obligations, such as kids and cooking.
I know Jesus is my friend. I know he’s my best friend, but I sometimes wonder, “If my relationship with God is truly a relationship, do I even know how relationships operate?” I haven’t had one in so long.
I’m just lonely right now. The devil is trying to weaken my defenses, I’m sure.
I guess I should cherish this time as a purgative stage of some sort, allowing me to bear this cross with our lonely Lord, and perhaps just grow in prayer.
Sorry for wasting bandwidth.
Everyone has moved away or is moving away soon. My folks worry that I spend too much time alone in my room reading, which is all I do, really. There’s my co-workers, but if I’m not somehow turned off by their sinful lifestyles then they’re married with other obligations, such as kids and cooking.
I know Jesus is my friend. I know he’s my best friend, but I sometimes wonder, “If my relationship with God is truly a relationship, do I even know how relationships operate?” I haven’t had one in so long.
I’m just lonely right now. The devil is trying to weaken my defenses, I’m sure.
I guess I should cherish this time as a purgative stage of some sort, allowing me to bear this cross with our lonely Lord, and perhaps just grow in prayer.
Sorry for wasting bandwidth.