Please pray for me, I can't stop sinning!

  • Thread starter Thread starter adam235
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are interested in reading or listening - audio CD - to The theology of the body…there is a specific edition for Teenagers that I think would be more appropriate for you rather then the regular CDs or the Beginners Book which someone else suggested. Those tend to focus on Married Life while the Teen edition will reference situations that you will more readily relate to.

tobforteens.com/page.asp?pid=2

The Theology of the Body is very powerful. It was also very eyeopening for me personally. I used to view sex as just something to do. No different then going to the movie or out for a walk. This 10 disk CD set totally woke me up and opened my eyes.
 
I like your answer.
This is a difficult sin to overcome for any younger person. (unmarried)
As a person matures they come to a better understanding of the changes we go through .

God bless,
bluelake
Thanks. I will admit that when push comes to shove I think masturbation is a lesser sin then premarital sex, although neither are the right thing to do and BOTH warrant a visit to “the box”
 
Thanks for explaining that. It is done at my parish, and I had mistakenly believed that it was available at any Roman Catholic Church.

And Adam325, I’m sorry for recommending that without knowing about your parish.
I think the CDWDS said something against the blessings received by walking up to the Extraordinary Minister. You should talk to your pastor about this.
 
I think the CDWDS said something against the blessings received by walking up to the Extraordinary Minister. You should talk to your pastor about this.
I did. He was the one who suggested it to my wife, who has not received the Sacrament of the Eucharist yet. He said that the Priest or Deacon can bless her, but not the lay ministers. I may have confused some terms in my earlier thread. I could’ve sworn he called the lay minister a “Eucharistic Minister”, but I’m not certain.
 
Blessings are routinely done at my Parish and the priest even announces that “if you are visiting with us and are not catholic you are welcome to approach during communion and request a blessing by crossing your arms on your chest” Children under age 8 are routinely blessed at communion as well.
 
You must not receive Holy Communion if you are not in a state of grace. I know that this can be hard. I know the desire to receive the Lord and I know how embarassing it can feel when you are the only person who doesn’t go up for Holy Communion in church. However, you must not abuse the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist by receiving it in a fallen state. If you cannot make it to confession before Mass then you should not receive our Lord.

As harsh as this sounds, I know that in my own experience the times when I’ve been in a similar situation I’ve found it to be a good kind of sorrow. I see everyone going up to receive the Lord and I am alone in the pew. It is then that I realize what I have given up through my sinful actions and I feel horrible. This is good. This leads to true repentance and a stronger desire to avoid sin. If your family asks you why you are not going up to receive simply tell them you cannot receive till you’ve gone to confession. If they press to know any details kindly tell them that that is between you and the Lord. Use the embarassment this may bring with it as a form of penance. Offer up the shame you may feel to God as a sign of your sincere repentance.

Lastly, know that you are not alone. Many people struggle with this addictive sin. It is not something you will conquer overnight. But do not lose hope. Trust in God and strive to follow His will. Know that no matter how often you fall that so long as you repent He will forgive you and accept you with open arms. The depths of the Lord’s mercy are fathomless.

God bless you and strengthen you in your struggles.
Very good answer. I wholeheartedly agree.
 
To Maureen
The MINIMUM requirement for Confession is once a year. I don’t know about you but I would be on my way to hell if I were to only do the Minimum.
 
Adam/Padraig,

I don’t mean to pry, but is this an Internet related problem? It may be worth looking for ways to reduce that temptation. Content monitors, no private computer, etc. Removing the occasionfor sin can be half the battle.

Good luck! God loves you and will see you through the struggle.
 
Well, thank you for everything. I think you all get that I am grateful for these amazing replies.
I am going to continue to pray. I will learn how to pray the rosary and pray it everyday of my life, which probably will be a challenge. I am going to confession tomorrow once again thankfully. I won’t give up until this stops, as I have said in almost every post…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top