R
Ryzeke
Guest
I have my story somewhere deep in these boards about me just recently being dumped by my girlfriend of 13 months. I was deeply in love with her and was planning a future, so I was crushed by it, however, I realized the need for me to convert to Catholicism. And so that I consider to be very much a blessing. I’ve been growing closer and closer to God because of it, and I couldn’t ask for more.
But because my girlfriend has been dating another guy since the week we broke up, it has been even harder to get over the grief. I know that I still want her back, but at the same time, I just want to move on. I love her so much, and I’ve been praying so hard for her new relationship. I just want her to be happy, and for me to be able to move on.
I don’t want to pray to get her back. To what glory and honor would I bring to Him if I prayed to get her back? I could never justify praying to God for someone I want back. That’s a selfish thing to do, and I don’t want to pray for something that brings no honor and glory to His name.
And so I’ve been praying every night, ‘Just release me from this burden God. It slows me down in wanting to grow closer to You, and I know that you have a plan for me. That there was a reason for my breakup, and it’s lead me to convert. But I want to just bless her and her new b/f in their relationship, and I to forget about her. I just want to move on.’
But I simply can’t shake her out of my head! I know that no good can come from me wishing for her to come back. But I feel like my prayers are not being answered. I mean, is it so bad for me to pray for blessings for her and her relationship, and for me to move on? So I can grow closer to Him? I can only hope that she would be the one wanting to return, because she chooses me. And I can’t and don’t want to control that. Only God knows if we’re to be together again, and I give it up to Him to decide if we’re together again. But why am I still burdened by the thought(s) of her!?
Ugh, please pray for me to get through this.
But because my girlfriend has been dating another guy since the week we broke up, it has been even harder to get over the grief. I know that I still want her back, but at the same time, I just want to move on. I love her so much, and I’ve been praying so hard for her new relationship. I just want her to be happy, and for me to be able to move on.
I don’t want to pray to get her back. To what glory and honor would I bring to Him if I prayed to get her back? I could never justify praying to God for someone I want back. That’s a selfish thing to do, and I don’t want to pray for something that brings no honor and glory to His name.
And so I’ve been praying every night, ‘Just release me from this burden God. It slows me down in wanting to grow closer to You, and I know that you have a plan for me. That there was a reason for my breakup, and it’s lead me to convert. But I want to just bless her and her new b/f in their relationship, and I to forget about her. I just want to move on.’
But I simply can’t shake her out of my head! I know that no good can come from me wishing for her to come back. But I feel like my prayers are not being answered. I mean, is it so bad for me to pray for blessings for her and her relationship, and for me to move on? So I can grow closer to Him? I can only hope that she would be the one wanting to return, because she chooses me. And I can’t and don’t want to control that. Only God knows if we’re to be together again, and I give it up to Him to decide if we’re together again. But why am I still burdened by the thought(s) of her!?
Ugh, please pray for me to get through this.