Please pray for me.

• Thread starter Thread starter ToddS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToddS

Dear friends in Christ,
Please pray for me. I am on the verge of a breakdown desiring to end it all. I continue to pray for guidance and hope. Though I know what the church teachs, I have a difficult time trying to move forward. My parents have essentially written me off…relatives do not seem interested in talking to me…others put me down. Friends…what friends…My only support…if you wish to call it that is my wife and two kids (age 10 and 11). My wife only offers…“stop being so down on yourself.” I feel like such a failure…yes I became a licensed pharmacist…but money isn’t everything and it sure doesn’t make happiness magically appear. I try to focus on serving others as Jesus would say we should. I know St. Francis taught “it is in giving that we receive.” I have difficulty having Faith…the more I give…the more others take.

As I told my parents before (and others) Everything would be so much better if I weren’t around. The more I think about it…I am probably right on target.

I continue to pray that I can find strenght to last but one more day.

Todd

I’m praying for you Todd

May God’s love comfort you.

Eric

Praying for you. Will remember you and your family especially in my rosary. Our Lady always looks after her children.

Dear Todd,

DO NOT do anything to harm yourself; because in harming yourself you will hurt your children SO much and your wife who so love you. PLEASE ask the Holy Spirit to give you courage through this dark night. I will be praying for the rosary for you each night. Please keep us posted as to your daily successes. We are all rooting for you. God has a plan and ending it in your way, is not God’s way. Stand firm. Prayers are coming from all around you!

Todd, do not forget the Communion of Saints. They are there for you, like a big family cheering you on. Please call on them to lead you through this very difficult time. We are all in this together, as the Body of Christ.
I will certainly pray for you.

Todd, God has a plan for you in all this. It would not be better if you were not around, God doesn’t think so, or He would take you. He is the only one that can give life and take it away.
Please keep praying, do not despair. A dear priest I know always suggested that I say the Memorare when I was feeling depressed or in times when I needed help and peace desperately.
I will pray for peace in your soul and heart. Your children need you, your wife needs you. You are important to them no matter how you feel in yourself. You have dignity and worth as a child of God.
Do you know the Memorare? I can write it in a post if you don’t or you can look it up on any Catholic sites. It is a beautiful prayer and Mary never fails to help when it is said.
Say it repeatedly and Our Blessed Mother will send you the comfort you need.
God bless,
I truly hope you feel better soon.

Thanks,
Yes, I the Memorare is in my breviary.

I will try what the priest you know suggests. I just wish the Lord could bring me into contact with other guys like me. It is so lonely when I hear that they(other guys) don’t feel comfortable around you because they are intimidated. Then to hear my wife tell me “you are different.” Also when a God mother responds “what do you want!” when you call them or simply say very little and seem quite dis-interested when I call them. Life is very LONELY…seems that Jesus is the ONLY TRUE friend that I have. Unfortunately a more human/physical friend is often needed too.

ToddS

Todd, I am praying for you. I really recommend the book Arise from Darkness. It has helped me tremendously during dark periods in my life. One chapter in particular talks about how to handle it when friends and family disappoint us. Because they always will at one time or another. God`s love is the only love that never fails us. God has a plan for you, that only you can fulfill. God needs you here to fulfill his plan and he has given you a special job, although you may not know that that job is right now.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

I agree with Maria’s suggestion of reading Arise from Darkness by Fr. Groeschel. It helped me alot also. Keeping you in my daily prayers.

:gopray: Father God let Todd see what he means to others. Let him see through the eyes of his wife and children. Let him see how much they love him and desperately need him. Strengthen him and comfort him. Bring him into a place of respite and peace. Father, we pray for professional help to respond to Todd and help him through this rough spot. Continue to remind him how much he means to You and how he is so loved by You.

I agree with all the other suggestions others have already stated, though I have never read the book. I strongly advise you seeking out a professional that you can talk to and feel comfortable with. ( I know it makes a big difference in my life)

Todd, please fight these dark thoughts. My nephew committed suicide 11 years ago and the effects of it were devastating on his parents and the rest of us. His parents are just horribly effected even 11 years later. People love you! Think of the terrible impact on your wife and children. Things can get better in your life. Persevere, please! Try to get professional help. Life is worth living!

Keeping you in daily prayer with The Sacred Heart and Our Lady of Mercy…May The Holy Spirit bring you courage, fortitude and hope with Peace…

Todd,

I am going to pray for you tonight before the Blessed Sacrament.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us, sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I am offering my physical sufferings for you. I will continue praying for you as long as necessary. God bless you.

J†M†J
Praying for your intentions:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back