please pray for me

  • Thread starter Thread starter blue_skies_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blue_skies_1

Guest
Please pray for me… I’m struggling with depression and generally, a lack of self-discipline and different habitual sins that are basically making a big mess of my life. 😦 I’m very unhappy at the moment and not sure how to change anything, I would so appreciate just to know that there’s even one person out there praying for me. at the moment I can’t even seem to pray for myself 😦
Thank you
 
Hey!!! There is one person and more praying for you. I will add you to the prayer intentions at Mass this evening. Remember that through Christ all things are possible. Put your trust in him. He is right there beside you. Hang in there!!!

Hear, Lord, the prayers we offer from contrite hearts.
Have pity on us as we acknowledge our sins.
Lead us back to the way of holiness.
Protect us now and always from the wounds of sin.
May we ever keep safe in all its fullness
the gift your love once gave us
and your mercy now restores.

Amen
 
Praying for you Blue_Skies.May our Lord grant you Peace,Strength and Courage.
 
:grouphug:
Self-denial
Jesus, my life is not always centred on You. Wincingly, I drag across the broken glass of trial and duty, inspired by Your willingness to accept responsibilities, regardless of joy or calamity. For in the self-denial of serving others we are freed from selfishness and sin.

You died agonisingly for each person, obeying God’s will despite Your human vulnerability and dread. I stand humbly at the foot of Your salvation, its totality of giving shaming my reluctance to sacrifice self wholly to You. I offer my own will, constrained though it is by cowardice and compromise.

Jesus, how can I carry the cross that Your true followers must bear? How shall I emerge to embrace true commitment in ministry of others? You who are Son of God, sweated blood in contemplation of such abandonment of self. You asked the Father that you might forgo such a burden.

Were not Your divine origin, Your innocence, and Your sacred prayer, enough to save and sanctify us? Yet in anguished awareness deeper than mine or any other’s, You complied humbly with the Father’s will to sever our bonds of unlove, with the shattering of every fibre of Your humanity.

In Your example, therefore, I place my trust and my cause for others’ and my salvation and blessing. I give myself to You, trying to bargain, raising reluctant, pleading eyes to Your thorn-encircled face: “Not this, Lord! I cannot face this loss, that difficulty…”

Dear Jesus, I appeal to You for grace to relinquish my fearful grip, releasing to You the full extent of my bondage. Will You lift this burden with its splinters of lack of charity and trust? I offer the grief of a soul betrayed by itself, in plea for Your forgiveness, healing and for my freedom to love You above all and others as myself, in harmony with Your will.

You know me in my human vulnerability and perfidy, my striving and hope—for You love each person with such depth that I flickeringly suspect its intensity and intimacy. If only I believed, understood and reciprocated! Please accept the teared jewel of this fragile communion of my desire with Yours. Please so draw me into Your love that it is revealed through me in glory and wonder!

You emptied Yourself to become subject to human limitation and suffering. You struggled against ignorance and selfishness, against dullness of spirit and mind in others, battling unto death the powers of evil for our sakes. Battle thus within me also, Jesus, defeating in each moment of my life the power of sin.

With Your flooding love, please drown my protests, pacify my fears and raise me from anxiety regarding pain, grief, disgrace, loss and abandonment. Live in me the cheerful, creative dedication owed to the duties of my vocation and relationships.

As gift to the Trinity, allow me to share fully in the great love You consummate for us. Thank You for the privilege to follow Your path all my life, then to share in Your eternal life with all my family, and friends.
 
Loving God,

Please bless and strengthen blue_skies as he/she struggles with depression and is challenged in various aspects of life. Depression is a difficult and cruel disease, and we ask the light of your Holy Spirit and strength of your unconditional love to shine through and provide encouragement and hope for blue_skies today and each day. You love each of your children unconditionally, and you are waiting for each one to respond to your call and receive your love. Please help blue_skies to seek and experience the awesome and beautiful love you have for him/her, and to walk the path of life you have planned for him/her. Please help with the sacraments when blue_skies is uncertain of the next step to take and provide the loving and caring forgiveness you wish for your child through reconciliation, and provide the Holy union and strength of love through the great gift of the Holy Eucharist. You are the one true God, maker of all that is seen and unseen, and your love and mercy knows no limits.

We pray for blue_skies in the name of our Lord and brother Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.
 
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
I am one person praying for you right now. I ask our Lord to stand by your side and hold you in his arms. Facing the struggles of today’s world can be overwhelming. Be still and let God guide your thoughts.

Praying for you.
 
Praying very hard for your happiness and peace of mind! God loves you!
 
I will be keeping you in my prayers. I, too, suffer from depression and struggle with it each and every day. There are days when I feel good but there are also days that I feel very down. This forum has helped me a great deal with all the prayers and words of encouragement. I also have been praying more, something that I did not do as much in the past and have found peace spending time with God. Please know that there are many here that are praying for you and care. May God Bless You!
 
I’m praying for you. I know that God will send you the grace that you need in this situation.Don’t give up. If you have trouble praying, just say the names of Jesus and Mary , that is a prayer.
 
I’m praying for you. I know that God will send you the grace that you need in this situation.Don’t give up. If you have trouble praying, just say the names of Jesus and Mary , that is a prayer.
Thank you handyman jim, I did just what you said and it helped somewhat. I’m feeling better now, I just have these really bad days at times where I can’t remotely get myself together; at other times I’m fine. I don’t know why.

Thank you for all the prayers, I’m certain they have helped me a great deal. I’m very touched that total strangers would help me in this way.
 
I ask the Lord to help you do what you can, and not be hard on yourself for what you can’t do, so that you feel more peaceful and stronger.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top