Please pray for my mother

• Thread starter Thread starter Corpus_Cristi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Corpus_Cristi

Hello all. I just recently came into the church this Easter and I’m so happy to be a member or Christ’s one true church, but I have a prayer request for my mother. My mother is a devout Christian, but I would like for her to be in the Catholic church with me and the rest of us. I know that there are probably millions of people all over the world that are praying and hoping that their friends and family will come into the church, but I would really appreciate it if you would pray that my mother comes into the church. Also, I’m asking you to pray that my mother doesn’t have multiple sclerosis (she goes infor the test on July 1’st). For thoes of you that don’t know what multiple sclerosis is, it’s when plaque buidls up on the brain, spinal chord, and brain stem and you could lose the activity of your limbs, go blind, or even both, so I’m asking you to pray for her.

God bless!

God Bless You. Welcome Home. Your joy in God’s church will be the best thing to show your mother the way into the church. You will both be in our prayers. :blessyou:

It will be my honor to pray for your mom, and for you as well. I hope your joy in coming home will be contagious and your mom will also find that Full Christianity is found in the Catholic Church.

God Bless both of you !
🙂

Corpus Cristi:
Hello all. I just recently came into the church this Easter and I’m so happy to be a member or Christ’s one true church, but I have a prayer request for my mother. My mother is a devout Christian, but I would like for her to be in the Catholic church with me and the rest of us. I know that there are probably millions of people all over the world that are praying and hoping that their friends and family will come into the church, but I would really appreciate it if you would pray that my mother comes into the church.
I will certainly pray for her conversion. I also suggest you might want to join some of that million who pray regularly for just such conversions of their family members. I am a member of ST. MONICA SODALITY and it is wonderful.

Here is the web address:

cantius.org/St-Monica.Sod.htm
Also, I’m asking you to pray that my mother doesn’t have multiple sclerosis (she goes infor the test on July 1’st). For thoes of you that don’t know what multiple sclerosis is, it’s when plaque buidls up on the brain, spinal chord, and brain stem and you could lose the activity of your limbs, go blind, or even both, so I’m asking you to pray for her.
God bless!
Will add your mothers health to my prayers as well.
God Bless and Welcome Home,
Marie

Corpus Cristi:
Hello all. I just recently came into the church this Easter and I’m so happy to be a member or Christ’s one true church, but I have a prayer request for my mother. My mother is a devout Christian, but I would like for her to be in the Catholic church with me and the rest of us. I know that there are probably millions of people all over the world that are praying and hoping that their friends and family will come into the church, but I would really appreciate it if you would pray that my mother comes into the church. Also, I’m asking you to pray that my mother doesn’t have multiple sclerosis (she goes infor the test on July 1’st). For thoes of you that don’t know what multiple sclerosis is, it’s when plaque buidls up on the brain, spinal chord, and brain stem and you could lose the activity of your limbs, go blind, or even both, so I’m asking you to pray for her.

God bless!
MS can be a truly horrifying diagnosis, I remember waiting on that diagnosis. But God is good even in these places. There is a great deal of support on the web and off for folks with MS if she does have it and she feels locked in please ask, If it is ok with the forum director I would post some links that may be helpful. If it turns out to be Fibermialgia or another syndrom, which can show some of the same symptoms, I am not a doctor just my personal experience. It can be scary when the numbness and loss of fine motor control. The sight loss can be also truly terrifying as it comes on so quick, I know it terrified me but with Gods amazing grace I was able to continue to work.

I truly hope your mothers test goes well, and I wish you and your family much peace.

Brian

Hi briand

Will definitely pray for her conversion… and also for for your mom’s test… your mom and yourself will be in my prayers

God Bless and welcome home
little goblin
singapore :angel1:

Corpus Cristi,

Your nickname caught my eye … and after reading your post I wanted to tell you …

First … I will offer a prayer on your mother’s behalf.

Secondly … I live in Corpus Christi, Tx ( what a coincidence ) :eek:

Thirdly … I too came into the Catholic Church Easter Vigil 2004 ( another coincidence ? ) :eek:

Fourthly … I was diagnosed 6 years ago with MS. :o
Too many coincidences I suspect !

I want you to know that most forms of MS are manageable with medication. ( I take daily injections of Copaxone. )

It is SOOOO important to get a good diagnosis. Please advise your mother to consult a neurologist who specializes in autoimmune disorders.

The faster she can get an accurate diagnosis the faster she can begin drug therapy to minimize damage and stabilize symptoms.

I know the prospect of this illness is scary … but take heart.

Blessings to you.

Welcome Home. My father-in-law died April 7, 2004. My wife was received into the Church on April 7, 2007. Ironically my daugher was born April 1, 2005, the day before JPII died. But we all converted this past year. Shortly afterwards we moved our membership from one fundamentalist congregation to another that was studying the early church. The preacher put the Nicene Creed on the overhead projector and talked about it like it was a new discovery. He then had us recite it.:eek: I told my wife HERESY! and smiled at her. She asked me how I knew it. I said, Catholics recite it every Sunday at mass.

God bless!
How could anyone not honor such a heartfelt request? :hug3:

Your mother is on my list, Corpus Christi. What is her first name, if I may ask?

Fedelis,
I’m sorry, I saw this post while reminiscing over what set the train in motion for us to convert later on last year. My FIL died on April 7, 2004. He was a bishop. He deserves prayers too. Somehow I feel he may be in heaven, purgatory probably, praying for us. It caused a major change in our life resulting in conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back