This really hit it me, it is always so sad when someone is tragically killed and so unexpected. My brother was killed in a motorcycle accident a year ago and I remember how hard that all was to go through.
I pray for his family and siblings going through this horrible time especially with the holidays around the corner. I found after my brothers death that I became a stronger person, especially in my faith. I pray for the same for his family. I also pray for the strength of his friends and all the people he has impacted in his life.
For the young girl, I pray that she recovers from this horrible accident and the strength to get through her loss.
I remember a poem that I got as a present from a friend and anytime that I miss him, it reminds me that he’s always with me. I hope that maybe this helps you kate and anyone else dealing with this loss, or anyone else that posted here dealing with a loss of their own.
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond’s gilt on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.
