Please pray that hurricane turns

• Thread starter Thread starter BenRosa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joan M:
Jamaica got damaged pretty badly too, with people dead there too, although it wasn’t hit as badly as expected.
My wife was born in St. Thomas. There was a lot of flooding and damage in St. Thomas. I am unaware that there has been any official contact with St. Thomas to assess the full damage and loss of life there.

There is some news of worried Jamaicans from St. Thomas who are living elsewhere (UK, Canada, US, etc.). Sleepness nights may still be ahead because of no phone calls from relatives. And there is little news of St. Thomas.

EDMONTON JOURNAL:
Winston Hawthorne, whose elderly parents live in St. Thomas, also got a welcoming cellphone call Sunday.
"They lost a piece of the roof and some farm animals and they are without light and water, but they are all right.

“It’s a great relief. I’ve been trying to get through by telephone since Friday night. It’s been a horrible weekend for us all.”

Hawthorne said St. Thomas has been cut off by floods and most of Jamaica’s main coast road is impassable."

By STEVENSON JACOBS The Associated Press:
Officials were trying to clear the road to reach the cut-off eastern parish of St. Thomas, believed to be the hardest hit, Jackson said.

Reuters:
Aid agencies and officials said they were still trying to find out what had happened in the southeastern parish of St. Thomas, one of the hardest-hit areas…

ALJAZEERA:
Huge waves pounded the coast around St Thomas in the south-east of the island and a storm surge tore away at least two houses, the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency said. Elsewhere, the surge washed away roads.

Yes, prayers are being heard…and answered. Look how Ivan will track exactly between Cuba and Mexico.Thanks be to our loving Father for finding our petitions worthy…

I saw airplane view pictures of the Grand Cayman. Total devastation. Let us pray for these and all people effected by Ivan. At 7 a.m. CST Ivan was downgraded to a Category 4 headed for the Mississippi/Alabama coast line. We will board our house up this evening and hopefully find C batteries for my radio, but if the storm takes a northwest turn we are leaving. Please pray that the storm downgrades before hitting the coast line.
Puppy

40.png
BenRosa:
A feroious hurricane is bearing-down on the east coast of Florida…please remember to ask during your prayers to our Lord to spare us from this impending storm.

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20040901/ap_on_re_us/hurricane_frances_florida

Nothing is impossible with the Lord…ask and you shall receive, with the faith of a mustard seed, you could move mountains.

Thank you in advance…
Maybe we need to pray it just dies instead of praying it turns! If not somebody is sure to get it and no one wants it. Can’t say I blame them. This thing looks very wicked! :eek:

40.png
Marie:
Maybe we need to pray it just dies instead of praying it turns! If not somebody is sure to get it and no one wants it. Can’t say I blame them. This thing looks very wicked! :eek:
Yes Marie, I just want the storm to downgrade too. As a Southern Louisiana who lives about 35 miles NNW of New Orleans, we are taking this very seriously. Thousand have evaucuated from New Orleans. The interstate system has been converated to a contra system where both lanes flow out in the same direction. Unfortunately my plant is still operating at full capacity and all personnel are required to be at work. Please pray for all who have been effected and who will be affected.
Puppy

40.png
jmm08:
My wife was born in St. Thomas. There was a lot of flooding and damage in St. Thomas. I am unaware that there has been any official contact with St. Thomas to assess the full damage and loss of life there.

There is some news of worried Jamaicans from St. Thomas who are living elsewhere (UK, Canada, US, etc.). Sleepness nights may still be ahead because of no phone calls from relatives. And there is little news of St. Thomas.
One of my wife’s relatives in St. Thomas Jamaica called just minutes ago. Their telephone service is now restored. And they are OK.

40.png
jmm08:
One of my wife’s relatives in St. Thomas Jamaica called just minutes ago. Their telephone service is now restored. And they are OK.
I had only talked a minute. Our relatives are alive.

My wife just got off the phone with Evelyn. In St. Thomas Jamaica, all the fields and crops are a total loss for this year. There is extensive devastation regarding roads, buildings and houses.

With the one family, their kitchen was blown down. Roofs were lost. The house is swamped with water. There is far worse damage than with Gilbert in 1988.

The relatives are alive. But so many people have lost so much.

Evelyn’s adult and near-adult children say they want to run away. But where are they going to run to?

According to the Weather Channel site, Tropical Storm Jeanne is currently pounding Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. There is speculation that it could intensify into a hurricane later this week. Too soon to tell if this one will also hit Florida. It will likely do more damage in the Caribbean.

weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm11/projectedpath_large.html?from=tropupd

God bless everyone affected by these storms. This is insane.

40.png
SeekerJen:
According to the Weather Channel site, Tropical Storm Jeanne is currently pounding Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. There is speculation that it could intensify into a hurricane later this week. Too soon to tell if this one will also hit Florida. It will likely do more damage in the Caribbean.

weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm11/projectedpath_large.html?from=tropupd

God bless everyone affected by these storms. This is insane.
Here we go again…:rolleyes:

Except for Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana was spared Hurricane Ivan, but my prayers and thoughts are with everyone in Plaquemines Parish, Alabama & Florida. Now Hurricane Jeanne is a threat and behind her is Karl. I will dedicate my rosary tonight and everynight.

Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back