Plus size ladies...best clothing finds

  • Thread starter Thread starter prolifewife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try www.onestopplus.com they handle clothing from many different plus size sources. I found a lot of dresses I liked. Google their name and promotional codes and you can find things like 20%off your order.
 
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but Fashion Bug!!! They make the same clothing designs for all, but have sizing based on body type (yeah!!!). What they call it is Right Fit for three different body types, circle, triangle, and square.
 
I have been a Plus Size most of my life - fluctuating between a 20-22 and I dress pretty conservatively. I have to wear casual dress clothes for work - no denim/jeans. I buy many things at CJ Banks at the local shopping center near where I live. One can order on-line from CJ Banks also and pants are available in petite, regular and tall. Sizes start at 14 or 16. I love Talbotts but full price is a bit pricey. I hit their sales and pick up some nice things - good quality and look good after many washings. Recently went to a sale and got 5 items including an expensive sweater and pants for $106 with tax. Very pleased with those purchases. Lane Bryant has great bras and underwear - haven’t purchased any where else for years. Penneys is hit or miss - same with Macys. Dillards has a very nice woman’s department however, again, a bit high end for the most part. I like Ralph Lauren and have found some great things on sale - less than half price.
 
I have battle with my weight all my life. Right now I’m size 16 or 14. I have been size 26. SO I know that finding clothes that fit is hard. I do like Lane Bryant but they are very high cost. But also they are high in quality. I do like to go to Marshalls and I now I can find some stuff there most of the times that will work for me. But again its just a hit and miss. Just be patient and do not go to stores like Walmart and Kmart where you can find a shirt for 7.88 but only wear it once or twice. After you wash it, it looks like just bad.
God bless
 
I’m a rather womanly looking woman. 😛 My health issues keep me this way, thankfully DH likes curvy women. 😃

I fluctuate between size 14-18. XL,14,16 in pants and XL, 16/18 tops. If I buy clothes that fit, they often make me look like I’m stuffing myself into them or overweight. If I buy a size too large, the pants fall off and the shirts look like I’m in maternity tops. We are on a tight budget so I can’t go to specialty shops. Where are some inexpensive places to buy good quality plus size clothes?
Up until very recently, I was obese and had to shop in plus size shops/catalogs. My absolute favorites for fairly inexpensive clothes are Roaman’s and Silhouettes. Both are online/catalog shops (I don’t know if they have brick and mortar shops anywhere). I would buy from their clearance/sale sections, and got some very nice pieces for very good prices. Roaman’s seems to be closer to true size than Silhouettes, so if you want clothes that are a bit roomier for the size, go with Silhouettes. Also, check out your local Good Will or Salvation Army superstores. I am amazed at the selection of clothing offered in the ones in my area, and they do have a very good selection of plus size clothing, as well.
Also, another thing to keep in mind is if you buy quality clothing and have the items tailored, you will keep them for much longer than if you buy simply inexpensive and cheap clothing. So you may want to check out some of the more expensive places like Lane Bryant and Dress Barn and catch the sales. Then have the items tailored.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top