Police break up Damascus protest

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Police break up Damascus protest

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40607000/jpg/_40607015_hamadiya203.jpg Syria’s regime does not permit criticism from the public

**Security forces in Syria have prevented human rights activists from holding a sit-in to protest against the continued detention of political prisoners. **Police arrived in force at the planned venue in Damascus before the sit-in could take place and arrested several people, mostly Kurds.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4082741.stm

I am not surprised, this is the same goverment who won’t do anything to stem the flood tide of terrorist that are streaming into Iraq. The protesters had to know what they were getting themselves into, but yet they still had the courage to attempt the sit-in, I say bravo to them! It will take many,many more couragious(spelling?) Syrians like them to bring the needed change in the goverment there.

Linda H.

That’s the famous covered market; I’ve been in there a number of times. You can sort of see it in the photo, but the cover over the street has what looks like a lot of stars shining through it–bullet holes 😃

DaveBj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back