Politics at odds

• Thread starter Thread starter purdyfern
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

purdyfern

I am convinced That Jeb Bush and George Bush as individuals
are very Christian at heart, I feel they are timid in taking steps that would jeopordize their political careers and are torn between politics and morals. That is why Terri Schiavo was starved to Death under American law.Pope John Paul was not Wishy Washy about his views , he was steadfast, and in the end Catholism shines as an example to the world he served one Master and served Him Well. I expect to much from politicians , If they attend Pope John Paul’s funeral they may sense that overwhelming presence of God in our midst and never again hesitate to step out to build a culture of life and take a pro life stand Jeb Bush and George Bush need time in Rome to reflect on inner issues… visit bushfl.com for more about “BUSH”

It does seem strange that George W. Bush saw fit to boldly act to alter thousands of lives in the Middle East (for better or for worse is debatable; 100,000 Iraqi civilian deaths argues for worse, IMO), yet refused to intervene (defy the questionable rulings of judges) to save Terri Schiavo.

40.png
gnjsdad:
It does seem strange that George W. Bush saw fit to boldly act to alter thousands of lives in the Middle East (for better or for worse is debatable; 100,000 Iraqi civilian deaths argues for worse, IMO), yet refused to intervene (defy the questionable rulings of judges) to save Terri Schiavo.
Just curious what additional intervention you think President Bush could have brought to bear on the situation. Quite honestly I think he believed the system would work, particularly given the legislation. By the time we all realized that the court would totally defy the people and congress, it was too late.

Lisa N

40.png
gnjsdad:
Oh and btw the 100000 deaths has been totally debunked.

Lisa N

Lisa N:
Oh and btw the 100000 deaths has been totally debunked.

Lisa N
If that’s true, please provide your evidence. “Totally debunked” sounds pretty convincing.

40.png
gnjsdad:
If that’s true, please provide your evidence. “Totally debunked” sounds pretty convincing.
Please search the site. There have been several threads with links. If I have time I’ll try to round up a link that has actual casualties. As I understand it the 100000 number was an estimate extrapolated based on estimates in certain areas and proved to be more of a SWAG than a reality

Lisa N

Lisa N:
Just curious what additional intervention you think President Bush could have brought to bear on the situation.
Lisa N
Sending in Federal marshalls, to enforce an act of Congress, comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back