[POLL] Your main patron/patroness saint is

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aulef
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aulef

Guest
  • Virgin Mary, the Mother of God
  • An Archangel/Angel
  • Saint Joseph
  • Saint John the Baptist
  • A Patriarch (OT)
  • A Prophet (OT)
  • Saint Peter
  • Saint Paul
  • An Apostle (not cited above)
  • An Apostolic Disciple (including Evangelists)
  • A Martyr (not cited above)
  • A Doctor
  • A Confessor
  • A Priest/Levite (not cited above)
  • A Monk/Hermit (not cited above)
  • A Virgin/Widow (not cited above)
  • Other
  • None yet
  • None
0 voters
Specify who, if not already done in the poll.
 
The problem I have is that all of the saints I am drawn to are male. It’s my understand that since I am a woman I’ll need a female saint. So, I’m still searching for one that appeals to me…
 
I’m also still trying to decide. I have until the end of the year to do so, for Confirmation.

Im between St. Joseph and St. Jerome. Both have been extremely kind to me since I came back to the Church. Both help me with different purposes…

It’s heartbreaking to make such a decision : /
 
For anybody who loves Mary, she’s not really on the same level as the rest of the saints, she’s higher up…

so it’s a bit of an unfair poll, Mary is often going to be Number One.

I always see it as
  1. Mary
  2. Joseph
  3. Everybody else
 
Indeed. I’m aware that she is probably going to be a top patroness.
 
I believe it’s fair to say that the Blessed Virgin is hors concours…
My main patron saint is Saint Augustine.
I’ll need a female saint. So, I’m still searching for one that appeals to me…
You may like St. Monica
 
Well she is the patroness of the las islas filipinas and a lot of the people here have a VERY strong devotion to her
 
Maximilian Kolbe (Confirmation Saint, shares a lay name with me)
Bl. Jerzy Populesko
JP2
Faustina
Aquinas
 
If I could be visited by a Saint here on earth, it would be him. His humility, love of the poor, sinners, poverty, suffering by spending hours in the Confessional. I would recommend Cure d’Ars by Abbe Francois Trochu.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top