[POLL] Your main patron/patroness saint is

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aulef
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blessed Mother of course ❤️ In addition, I took a class where we read writings from different saints. I read the Confessions by St. Augustine and some of his other works and I just love him. I also like St. Hildegard.
 
And don’t forget the prayers : )
Yes, the most important part!
When I converted I already loved Saint Augustine and Saint Thomas but didn’t have a clue about any devotion to Our Lady.
Through prayer I was guided to develop a profound interest for Our Lady of the Rosary of Fátima. Now I try to pray the Rosary every day and ask for her intercession many times throughout the day.
 
Above all the saints, the Blessed Virgin, but some other saints I like are St. Joan of Arc, St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Pio of Pietrelcina and St. Alphonsus Liguori. Of course, there are many, many others. I could go on forever.
 
The Blessed Virgin of course has my heart above any other Saint.
My Confirmation Saint is St. Bernard of Clairvaux. His writings are wonderful, and he was a rare case of one who was both especially intellectual and mystical.
 
I agree with tis bear so with that in mind…

St. Dominic
St. Joan of Arc
St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)
 
I am particularly attracted to Mary, under her title Queen of Heaven.
 
St Rita of Cascia. She had an abusive husband and prayed for him. I wasn’t that strong, but she got me through my abusive marriage and out to a better life!
 
Of course my main helpers are Our Lady and St Joseph, but I’m kinda stuck between St Dominic, St Anthony de Padua, and Padre Pio.
 
Your poll spurred me to look a little closer at several saints. I discovered a real affinity for Saint Martha!

St. Dominic is one of my all time favorite saints. Come to think of it Dominic Martha might have been a good name for a sister. (I did want to be a Dominican sister when I was little, but I was Baptist! Baptists could not become sisters to my utter dismay! 🤣)
 
Last edited:
I didn’t know there was such a saint. Now I can recommend her to some women I know.

Furthermore, I’m sorry to hear you went through a similar situation…
 
Main interceder, main protector, Confirmation Saint, or simply the saint you enjoy more talking and reading about.

Edit: my response is not the religious term. Confirmation saint is a aptron saint, though.
 
Last edited:
I have 5. Each comes from different periods of my life.
St. Augustine
St. Alphonsus de Ligouri
St. Theresa of Avilla
St. Anthony of Padua
St. Jude
All have been very helpful to me.
 
St. John The Baptist who cleared the path of Christ. The Chief human messenger of his time!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top