C
Crumpy
Guest
Marriage is under such attack, that I wonder why there hasn’t been more general attempts to legalize polygyny (multiple wives) and polyandry (multiple husbands) in this country.
I’m not sure why there aren’t more questions on these subjects in this website.
People ask questions about why God allowed violence in the Old Testament, but there’s little interest in these other marriage subjects.
Polygamy (and more) seems to be allowed in scripture – I think it is in Judges that Gideon has wives and concubines, even.
I’d be more inclined to argue for having seven wives that worrying about seven days of creation – much more practical consequences.
Even the OT covenant didn’t make monogamy the standard.
I’m not sure why there aren’t more questions on these subjects in this website.
People ask questions about why God allowed violence in the Old Testament, but there’s little interest in these other marriage subjects.
Polygamy (and more) seems to be allowed in scripture – I think it is in Judges that Gideon has wives and concubines, even.
I’d be more inclined to argue for having seven wives that worrying about seven days of creation – much more practical consequences.
Even the OT covenant didn’t make monogamy the standard.