Pope announced 3 evils of this generation

• Thread starter Thread starter Swiftdove
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pope Francis announced publicly last year

… What are your thoughts about the most recent public announcements of our Holy Father?
I’m confused about what the purpose of this thread is.
  1. You don’t provide a link to any direct quote from the pope;
  2. You say he made X statement “last year” (so 2019?)
  3. You ask our thoughts on this “most recent” statement (it’s October 2020)
Along with others, I await you providing a link to the specific comments you’re asking for folks’ thoughts on.

Last edited:
40.png
Swiftdove:
Pope Francis announced publicly last year

… What are your thoughts about the most recent public announcements of our Holy Father?
I’m confused about what the purpose of this thread is.
  1. You don’t provide a link to any direct quote from the pope;
  2. You say he made X statement “last year” (so 2019?)
  3. You ask our thoughts on this “most recent” statement (it’s October 2020)
Along with others, I await you providing a link to the specific comments you’re asking for folks’ thoughts on.
The only link that shows up for “Israeli idealism” is this thread. Something is not Kosher.

Last edited:
The only link that shows up for “Israeli idealism” is this thread. Something is not Kosher.
I think that bit’s been clarified up-thread (they meant to say ‘Islamic’, apparently). But it underlines the point that third party comments about an original source quote may be misrepresentative, and we need to wait to see original sources before engaging.

That it was from leaked footage that we were not supposed to see, and that it is probably the Pope’s personal opinion.

The Papacy already exerts a significant amount of secular power, and has for hundreds of years, apart from the period from 1871 to 1929.
It doesn’t in the USA, or at least not in the way that had non-Catholics terrified when Al Smith and JFK were running for President and various Protestant ministers were preaching that if Al or Jack won, the Pope would move the Vatican to the USA and spend all day telling Al or Jack how to run the country.

I would be interested to know how you think the Vatican exerts secular power in the USA? Because I don’t see it having any here. The Pope has some influence, as celebrities are able to influence people, but not power.

Now there may be some countries where it still exerts some secular power, but I don’t endorse that or think it’s a good thing. I also think there are plenty of countries, such as UK and all the Muslim nations, where the secular power of the Vatican is nil or close to it.

40.png
HarryStotle:
I think that bit’s been clarified up-thread (they meant to say ‘Islamic’, apparently).
The OP reused the same term and did not change it to ‘Islamic’ following that clarification.
The suicide bombers… that growing group of ideas the USA has been at war with for years. The war on terror is what the Pope is addressing as evil Isreali Idealism.
The OP appears to adhere to the original term for some reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back