F
Fawkes
Guest
I’ve been having weekly chats with a couple of LDS missionaries (this week they also invited one of my neighbors, who is Mormon. (I guess because I’m being a hard case).
I refuted the need for prophets, such as Joseph Smith, etc., as Jesus completed his work in His first coming, He is the fulfillment of the OT prophecies, and therefore no further prophets are required.
They replied that the Church was apostate after the death of the last apostles, which I shot right down, but then they made the argument that wouldn’t the Pope be a prophet?
I said that this was a clever argument, and that I’d have to pray (and study up) on this.
So, what say you, good and faithful servants?
I refuted the need for prophets, such as Joseph Smith, etc., as Jesus completed his work in His first coming, He is the fulfillment of the OT prophecies, and therefore no further prophets are required.
They replied that the Church was apostate after the death of the last apostles, which I shot right down, but then they made the argument that wouldn’t the Pope be a prophet?
I said that this was a clever argument, and that I’d have to pray (and study up) on this.
So, what say you, good and faithful servants?