Pope Francis just Excommunicated the Mafia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gregory7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I have already seen someone post something in social media that there is no such thing as the mafia and this is all made up to make the church look good. What is the best proof to show that it exists?
 
I know all about the supposed “code of honor” some of these men hold dear; but wrong is wrong.

I can be a fantastic family man, chivalrous, and even give to the Church; but if I am a murderer - even if those murders are committed to earn money to provide for my wife and children - I have still broken a commandment and have committed a grave sin.

Even if I have my confession heard by a priest and receive God’s absolution; said absolution requires HONEST repentance and a SERIOUS commitment to try and NOT commit that same sin again. Otherwise how could God grant His absolution? How many of them are committed to not stealing and not murdering?

I don’t know how well you understand the Sacrament of Confession; but for it to be valid, there must be a desire and a commitment on the part of the penitent to change his life for the better. It is NOT NOT NOT a get-out-of-jail-free card.
Yep.
 
So far I have already seen someone post something in social media that there is no such thing as the mafia and this is all made up to make the church look good. What is the best proof to show that it exists?
Seriously?

I have no idea… How about all the dead cops, judges, and other assorted enemies of the maifa? Would THAT be proof enough?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top