P
PetraG
Guest
Yes, you’re right: that is, the different kinds of investigations with the different kinds of purposes require different kinds of experts. I’d think the person facing a credible accusation would not be able to do any public ministry until found not guilty by the investigations. I’d think the Church would need any criminal proceedings to conclude before taking up the matter, as well, because of the possibility of their investigations unintentionally doing harm to the civil legal process if they waded in too soon. (They don’t want to be talking to witnesses at all before the DA and the defense are finished, etc, lest they interfere with officers of the court.)That would seem reasonable. I guess I am even more aggressive, or far less, depending on how you look at it. Knowing that clergy are not experts at forensic investigation, I would say accept they are also not the best at contracting it as well and whenever possible, investigate nothing, but fully cooperate with those whose job it actually is to punish criminals.
Last edited: