A
Asiyreh
Guest
Hi guys I’m having some trouble authenticating the authenticity of a quote made about Pope innocent 3rd. The quote was given to me by a protestant who likes to attack the “wafer god” of Rome. The quote:-
Pope Innocent III was the first who instituted the office of the Inquisition: the slaughter of millions of innocent Bible believing Christians was the result of this ‘holy’ inquisition). Innocent III declared, “Yea, I am the bridegroom; for I have the noble, rich, and high exalted, yea, the honorable, pure, gracious, and holy Roman church for my bride… I have espoused her sacramentally. This bride has not been wedded to me portionless, but has given me her rich dowry, namely, the fullness of spiritual and of temporal power.” (Innocent. 3, in Consecra. Pontif., Serm. 3, page 19)
does anyone know the context of this, if it’s even true etc? I’m not sure exactly where I could locate these records. Thanks guys in advance
Pope Innocent III was the first who instituted the office of the Inquisition: the slaughter of millions of innocent Bible believing Christians was the result of this ‘holy’ inquisition). Innocent III declared, “Yea, I am the bridegroom; for I have the noble, rich, and high exalted, yea, the honorable, pure, gracious, and holy Roman church for my bride… I have espoused her sacramentally. This bride has not been wedded to me portionless, but has given me her rich dowry, namely, the fullness of spiritual and of temporal power.” (Innocent. 3, in Consecra. Pontif., Serm. 3, page 19)
does anyone know the context of this, if it’s even true etc? I’m not sure exactly where I could locate these records. Thanks guys in advance