Positive review of The "Da Vinci Code"?

• Thread starter Thread starter Michael_Bitler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael_Bitler

Dear Catholic Answers,

I am confused and disappointed. I recently visited Dan Brown’s website out of curiosity and to my dismay I found a review by the National Catholic Reporter organization that is quite complimentary of his book The Da Vinci Code. I know you cannot speak for this organization but can anyone shed light on why a Catholic organization would add any legitimacy to this novel? Thanks.

Mike Bitler

The National Catholic Reporter is an independent newspaper, it is NOT a Catholic organization.

Michael Bitler:
Dear Catholic Answers,

I am confused and disappointed. I recently visited Dan Brown’s website out of curiosity and to my dismay I found a review by the National Catholic Reporter organization that is quite complimentary of his book The Da Vinci Code. I know you cannot speak for this organization but can anyone shed light on why a Catholic organization would add any legitimacy to this novel? Thanks.

Mike Bitler
Ahh, the old “Not Catholic Reporter.” The National Inquirer will be more in line with Catholic teaching than them. Hmmm. I wonder what part of their agenda is supported by the DaVinci Code…

Thank you for the feedback. I did not realize their (National Catholic Reporter) claim as an independent organization made them independent of the Church’s teachings. To the average schmo (me included) to see this organization by name giving rave reviews to this book makes it appear that it is endorsed by the Church.

Michael Bitler:
Thank you for the feedback. I did not realize their (National Catholic Reporter) claim as an independent organization made them independent of the Church’s teachings. To the average schmo (me included) to see this organization by name giving rave reviews to this book makes it appear that it is endorsed by the Church.
Yes, the devil is a master at creating confusion.

Michael Bitler:
See thread: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=43969
on Cardinal Bertone Takes On Da Vinci Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back