H
hasikelee
Guest
I posted about a girl at work who is now taking classes similar to RCIA classes (just not for RCIA purposes-informative only). She was a lapsed Catholic who is perhaps rekindling the faith, I hope.
Last week I was helping a coworker in his department when he started a conversation about Catholicism. Apparently, he is cohabitating with a girl who was raised Catholic. He has attended two masses in his lifetime. Anyways, he had a flood of questions, but it appears that even though he is interested sincerely, he has no intention of changing his lifestyle. Also, he seems to be very attracted to the faith, but his girlfriend is very vehement against it.
Now, I have some questions that I wanted to bring here in the hopes that some people on this board might be seasoned in charitable and proper ways to help others learn more about the faith. I have defended my faith and explained it, but never really tried to guide someone towards it. With the girl mentioned above, that situation kind of worked itself.
This second situation seems really mixed up as I worry he is very attracted to me. I do not want to proceed with something that could possibly cause him pain or confuse him. But I do not want to ignore his questions or refuse to help him. For example, he wanted to go to mass with me at my parish. He had attended a parish that is very, um… well those with more traditional views would have died on the spot…needless to say it just about made him run from the Church.
What seems to keep bringing him back despite his complicated issues in life, is the Virgin Mary. In fact, he started the conversation because my scapular fell out when we were moving a desk. He is…well this sounds strange, but listening to him go on, he seems to be in love with Her. (Not of sexual kind).
Anyways, what is the most prudent way to proceed?
Last week I was helping a coworker in his department when he started a conversation about Catholicism. Apparently, he is cohabitating with a girl who was raised Catholic. He has attended two masses in his lifetime. Anyways, he had a flood of questions, but it appears that even though he is interested sincerely, he has no intention of changing his lifestyle. Also, he seems to be very attracted to the faith, but his girlfriend is very vehement against it.
Now, I have some questions that I wanted to bring here in the hopes that some people on this board might be seasoned in charitable and proper ways to help others learn more about the faith. I have defended my faith and explained it, but never really tried to guide someone towards it. With the girl mentioned above, that situation kind of worked itself.
This second situation seems really mixed up as I worry he is very attracted to me. I do not want to proceed with something that could possibly cause him pain or confuse him. But I do not want to ignore his questions or refuse to help him. For example, he wanted to go to mass with me at my parish. He had attended a parish that is very, um… well those with more traditional views would have died on the spot…needless to say it just about made him run from the Church.
What seems to keep bringing him back despite his complicated issues in life, is the Virgin Mary. In fact, he started the conversation because my scapular fell out when we were moving a desk. He is…well this sounds strange, but listening to him go on, he seems to be in love with Her. (Not of sexual kind).
Anyways, what is the most prudent way to proceed?