T
tearsdontfall
Guest
Well, this might be long so bear with me…I’m a seventeen year old guy and looking for advice on how to deal with a recent break up. I’m over the “heartbroken” stage, but I’m still a little wounded and am struggling to find reason, to find purpose, and to find God through all of this. When we met, it was a “love at first site” type of thing. Our personalities matched, we were both very attracted to each other, and we hit it off pretty much immediately. Our relationship was fantastic for a couple months even though we weren’t able to see each other as often as we would have liked because she lives a couple hours away. Still, it was so incredible and amazing because for the first time in my life I felt like I was truly in love. I had found someone that absolutely adored everything about me, and I felt the exact same way about her. She was gorgeous, funny, kind, caring, loving, and all in all pretty much perfect. I know that I’m still very young, but I would have been 100% happy spending the rest of my life with her.
Code:
As is often the case with me, good things don’t tend to last. Even though we tried to be pure, we are both the fun-loving, live-in-the-moment type people. We both felt strongly that marriage was the only place for sex, so we never did that and it was rarely ever a temptation because we had both agreed that that was off limits. However, we did a lot of other things that violated purity and that I now feel really guilty about. We were both equally responsible (sometimes it was her teasing and initiating things, sometimes it was me…), but I still feel a lot of guilt because I should have been stronger and been able to do better. Pretty soon, our relationship started causing problems with our parents, and we got in trouble for breaking a number of their rules, and all this sin, stress, and turmoil with us and our families resulted in one enormous fight during which I told her that I hated everything about God and said some really nasty things about her own father. Of course I never meant one word that I said, but it still hurt her and I feel terrible for what I said to this day. I apologized and things were alright for another couple weeks or so, but then she went on a retreat and decided to break up with me when she came back. It broke my heart, but at the same time I thought that it was for the better because I felt (just as she did) that we weren’t ready for a relationship, that we needed to make things right with God, and that we needed to focus on our families.
Sure enough, things we working out well and I thought that we had rebuilt our relationship over the two month period that followed. We were best friends and our relationship was beginning to show signs of romance again. She said she wasn’t ready yet, but she reassured me that she wanted to be with me and she promised that she would wait for me and me only. Soon after, she told me that she loved me and that we would be together soon. We started acting like a couple again in the way we talked to each other and in the way we acted. It was all going perfectly and I was happier than I had ever been. Then after yet another retreat, she came back and was really distant with me and constantly pushing me away. But this time there was no reason for it. There were no problems and our relationship had been almost perfect for a while (no fights, great times, and only one little slip up…). She stopped telling me she loved me, she said she wasn’t ready for any of those feelings yet, and that she was committed to God and her family for the near future. Ok, that was a little confusing and disappointing for me, but I understood. However, a week or so later she says that some guy from the first retreat was going to ask her out. Another week later after swearing that she wasn’t ready for a relationship she started dating him, and we stopped talking and have had no contact since.
I felt really hurt and betrayed. I realize that a lot of what happened was my fault and that this is what I should have expected because of the things I did and how I acted towards God. But I was working hard to be better and thought I was going to get another chance, but then it all got taken away from me. She had basically gotten back together with me and brought back all those feelings and hope of a relationship, only to rip them right out of my heart and then give her love to someone else so suddenly. I had always been there and had done so much for her, but then she used me for a while and then literally dumped me right out of her life over night. I’ve learned a lot of good lessons and am closer to God now than ever, but I still am emotionally confused over everything that happened and what to expect in my future. I loved her and I thought she was the "one"...

:getholy::angel1: