T
TheWhim
Guest
Dear folks,
In a former thread I posed the question how we could know who’s the true pope and fervently wished that a Roman apologist would meet my challenge. This has happened now.
I put my challenge in the shape of an essay, you can find it here:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/An_Essay.doc
Marc Bonocore of catholic-legate.com has answered this essay step by step:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/Mark_on_Who_Is_True_Pope.doc
You’ll find many useful points made in there - and much polemic, I fear, but I don’t deny I deserve this on part.
I replied thus:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/A_Step_Towards_The_Light.doc
When reading it you’ll surely feel that the question has cleared up a bit for me. Especially the “structure”-theory advanced there draws me nearer towards the light, so to say-
But Marc seemingly didn’t like it that much. He replied again:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/An_E-mail.doc
But I think it really comes close to a squibbling about words. What I call “structure” Marc describes in other terms, it seems to me.
I’m still troubled by the conflicting grown structures; but not troubled that much; and one important question remains:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/An_E-mail2.doc
Still I’d like to know when a Gaulish priest just on journey in Rome was expected to participate in the next election and when not - I’d like to know the specific times. But I think Marc has treated my question with far more scrutinity and diligence I would ever have expected of any Roman apologist, so I don’t want to demand more.
I may add that itsjustdave1988 e-mailed me occasionally on this subject and also helped to strenghten with good arguments my belief in the divine origin of the papacy and the Church of Rome.
I regret I could’nt find the thread “Catholicism refuted!?”, to which this thread is a small postscript, on thois board anymore. I planned to private message the persoons who then participated in the debate and tell them that my understanding of papal elections has developed and that I would like to withdraw some of the statements made.
Well, but maybe they’ll come acros this thread by chance.
Yours,
Whim
In a former thread I posed the question how we could know who’s the true pope and fervently wished that a Roman apologist would meet my challenge. This has happened now.
I put my challenge in the shape of an essay, you can find it here:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/An_Essay.doc
Marc Bonocore of catholic-legate.com has answered this essay step by step:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/Mark_on_Who_Is_True_Pope.doc
You’ll find many useful points made in there - and much polemic, I fear, but I don’t deny I deserve this on part.
I replied thus:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/A_Step_Towards_The_Light.doc
When reading it you’ll surely feel that the question has cleared up a bit for me. Especially the “structure”-theory advanced there draws me nearer towards the light, so to say-
But Marc seemingly didn’t like it that much. He replied again:
www.geocities.com/frneissen/An_E-mail.doc
But I think it really comes close to a squibbling about words. What I call “structure” Marc describes in other terms, it seems to me.
I’m still troubled by the conflicting grown structures; but not troubled that much; and one important question remains:
But at least this Marc has addressed:In ancient and middle ages times, was it possible that, say, a priest who was just on journey in Rome, but had his parish in Gaul, would participate in the election of the next pope? >>>>
www.geocities.com/frneissen/An_E-mail2.doc
Still I’d like to know when a Gaulish priest just on journey in Rome was expected to participate in the next election and when not - I’d like to know the specific times. But I think Marc has treated my question with far more scrutinity and diligence I would ever have expected of any Roman apologist, so I don’t want to demand more.
I may add that itsjustdave1988 e-mailed me occasionally on this subject and also helped to strenghten with good arguments my belief in the divine origin of the papacy and the Church of Rome.
I regret I could’nt find the thread “Catholicism refuted!?”, to which this thread is a small postscript, on thois board anymore. I planned to private message the persoons who then participated in the debate and tell them that my understanding of papal elections has developed and that I would like to withdraw some of the statements made.
Well, but maybe they’ll come acros this thread by chance.
Yours,
Whim