Pray for relief from anxiety

  • Thread starter Thread starter dei_gratia15
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dei_gratia15

Guest
I have struggled severely with depression and anxiety the last year. To me it has seemed my depression has (for the most part) been the worst of the two but lately it feels like anxiety is taking over. The last few weeks have been so bad I can’t sleep, haven’t wanted to leave my house/interact with others out of fear, and I have also been struggling with suicidal thoughts which is the hardest of it all. Please say a prayer for me and all others with similar problems. Thank you.
 
:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:
 
I have been struggling similarly this past year- I am lifting you up in prayer. May God heal you, mind, body and spirit.
 
You are in my prayers. By the way, OP, I too am suffering the same things. I think for us, who have anxiety and depression issues, this is the hardest part of the year. The spring.
 
Prayers said for you for relief from severe anxiety and depression. I am so sorry you are suffering so much and pray that things improve soon for you.

Mary.
 
I pray that the SUNSHINE of God’s
FAITHFULNESS(PS. 89 mentions God’s
faithfulness 7 or 8 times!!) and LOVE(Rom.
5:4f) may dispell the clouds of depression
and anxiety from your life, may you find the
hope borne of the indwelling Holy Spirit
and the love of our friends be yours, now
and in the unknown future!!

Our Father, who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your Name,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us,
(forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors)
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with you,
blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.(X3)
AMEN.
 
Hail Mary,
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death
Amen.
 
Consider attending Daily Mass, receiving the sacraments as often as you can, go to Eucharistic Adoration, ask the Lord to come to your aid, pray often. Seek medical assistance and speak with your parish priest for spiritual direction. I will pray for you. My son is suffering from depression and having anxiety attacks, too. Please pray for my son, Jason, will you? God bless you.
 
I have struggled severely with depression and anxiety the last year. To me it has seemed my depression has (for the most part) been the worst of the two but lately it feels like anxiety is taking over. The last few weeks have been so bad I can’t sleep, haven’t wanted to leave my house/interact with others out of fear, and I have also been struggling with suicidal thoughts which is the hardest of it all. Please say a prayer for me and all others with similar problems. Thank you.
I had a similar experience with anxiety, several years ago, so hang in, it gets better. Just keep praying (and asking others to pray for you), go to mass as often as you can, and most of all, believe and trust in the Lord to lead you out of this turmoil.

Eventually, your trust in the Lord will outweigh your fear, and the anxious thoughts will start to dissipate.

I pray this prayer often:

Oh, blood and water that gushed forth from the heart of Jesus like a fount of mercy for us, I trust in thee.

Praying for you!
 
†

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

†

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

St. Thérèse of Liseux Prayer From “Story of A Soul”

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Amen.

†

Lord, thank you that you are with me right now.
Your love surpasses all fear.
I give you the anxiety I feel.
I surrender all my worries to you.
Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
Relax my being, that, I may
always glorify you in everything
I write, speak and do.

Amen.

†

Jesus, Help Me

In every need let me come to Thee with humble trust, saying,
Jesus, help me!

In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations,
Jesus, help me!

In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials,
Jesus, help me!

In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles and sorrows,
Jesus, help me!

When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good come from my efforts,
Jesus, help me!

When others fail me, and Thy grace alone can assist me,
Jesus, help me!

When I throw myself on Thy tender love as Father and Savior,
Jesus, help me!

When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me,
Jesus, help me!

When sickness and loneliness overcome me,
Jesus, help me!

Always, in weakness, falls and shortcomings of every kind,
Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen.

†

Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.
Sweet Heart of my Jesus, grant that I may always love You more.
Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, set our hearts on fire with love of You.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like Your Heart.

Amen.

†

Prayers said. All will be well. Do not fear, the Lord is protecting you.
Do not be lonely, your guardian angel is beside you.
Be comforted, Mother will watch over you, and the
Holy Spirit will guide you.

Amen.

†

Prayer Against Depression
………….By St Ignatius of Loyola


O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Amen.

†

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)

Amen.

†

**My Jesus,
I believe that You are
present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and
I desire to receive You into my soul.
**Since I cannot at this moment receive
You sacramentally, come at least spiritually
into my heart. I embrace You
as if You were already there and
unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated
from You.

Amen.

†
**
Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen.

† **

:signofcross:

:blessyou:
 
Consider attending Daily Mass, receiving the sacraments as often as you can, go to Eucharistic Adoration, ask the Lord to come to your aid, pray often. Seek medical assistance and speak with your parish priest for spiritual direction. I will pray for you. My son is suffering from depression and having anxiety attacks, too. Please pray for my son, Jason, will you? God bless you.
I will pray for your son too! God bless you and your family.
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon dei_gratia15 in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give
  • be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.
Our Lady of Mental Peace,
  • Pray for us!
    Amen.
Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

†

Prayer Against Depression
………….By St Ignatius of Loyola

O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Amen.

†

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon dei_gratia15 in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give
  • be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.
Our Lady of Mental Peace,
  • Pray for us!
    Amen.
Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

†

Prayer Against Depression
………….By St Ignatius of Loyola

O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Amen.

†

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)
 
Thank you to everyone for the prayers. They are much appreciated. Today has been significantly worse as I was supposed to get out of my house (it always helps with my suicidal thoughts when I’m not alone) but I injured my back this morning and am in so much pain that I can’t leave my bed or hardly move. It feels like I can’t win no matter what I do. Please continue praying.
I have been struggling similarly this past year- I am lifting you up in prayer. May God heal you, mind, body and spirit.
You are in my prayers. By the way, OP, I too am suffering the same things. I think for us, who have anxiety and depression issues, this is the hardest part of the year. The spring.
I will remember both of you in my prayers and I hope things improve for you soon!
Consider attending Daily Mass, receiving the sacraments as often as you can, go to Eucharistic Adoration, ask the Lord to come to your aid, pray often. Seek medical assistance and speak with your parish priest for spiritual direction. I will pray for you. My son is suffering from depression and having anxiety attacks, too. Please pray for my son, Jason, will you? God bless you.
Thank you for the advice. I do hope I am able to make it to mass tomorrow. I will remember your son in my prayers.
I had a similar experience with anxiety, several years ago, so hang in, it gets better. Just keep praying (and asking others to pray for you), go to mass as often as you can, and most of all, believe and trust in the Lord to lead you out of this turmoil.

Eventually, your trust in the Lord will outweigh your fear, and the anxious thoughts will start to dissipate.

I pray this prayer often:

Oh, blood and water that gushed forth from the heart of Jesus like a fount of mercy for us, I trust in thee.

Praying for you!
I love this prayer! Thank you!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top