Prayer: Adoration vs Tabernacle

  • Thread starter Thread starter I_thirst_4_YOU
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I_thirst_4_YOU

Guest
I know that Jesus is no less present in the Tabernacle than he is in Eucharistic adoration; I just want to pose an interesting question:

Is there more grace when one prays before Jesus exposed in adoration than “just” praying before the tabernacle?

I had a conversation with a friend, he a faithful catholic and says no it is the same. In my heart I believe that praying before Jesus exposed is a greater benefit to souls but not sure if I am theologically correct.

In the past he has also said that adoration was started in the 1400’s as a means to show the faithful that Jesus is truly present.

Help!!!
 
Well, I can’t answer from a theological viewpoint, but I feel just as connected with Jesus and find my prayers to be just as fruitful either way–exposed or in the tabernacle.

I remember my mother telling me once that she read a saint saying extra graces are given to those who look at Jesus in the exposed monstrance with love… So maybe it is better. Because of that, I always look at Jesus right after consecration, when the priest holds Him up in the air, instead of bowing and closing my eyes.🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top