O
osohappy
Guest
Hi:
I posted this several months ago. I need a job, after losing my job in January 2008.
First, the good news: I got an office temp job that got me through the early fall. Now the bad news: the job ended, and I had to go back to collecting unemployment again in November!
I’ve applied for jobs like crazy, but so far, nothing. I am dealing with the panic/depression that comes when seeking employment, as well as the death of my Mom back in Sept (she was 85 years young and died a week after we threw a birthday party for her–all the neighbors came. My sisters kept the news of my joblessness from her; she was in poor health and we didn’t want her to worry).
Of course, where she is now, she knows everything and is probably giving God no peace until I get a job!
Anyway, I am specifically praying for a job that will untilize my writing skills. I have a BA in English, and have done writitng for a local newspaper before. I am not limiting God to writing–I want to be open to anything He has for me. I know that I am not the only one trying to stay afloat in this economy, and to keep myself from getting totally self centered, I make it a point to pray for others in the same boat as I am.
I’ve been a jobseeker before, but this is the toughest time I’ve ever had doing it. I’m constantly fighting negative attitudes (“I’ll never get hired, I’ll lose my apartment, I’ll get stuck in another deadend job” etc.) My church family as well as my siblings try to encourage me, but it’s still tough. Just pray, OK?
I posted this several months ago. I need a job, after losing my job in January 2008.
First, the good news: I got an office temp job that got me through the early fall. Now the bad news: the job ended, and I had to go back to collecting unemployment again in November!
I’ve applied for jobs like crazy, but so far, nothing. I am dealing with the panic/depression that comes when seeking employment, as well as the death of my Mom back in Sept (she was 85 years young and died a week after we threw a birthday party for her–all the neighbors came. My sisters kept the news of my joblessness from her; she was in poor health and we didn’t want her to worry).
Of course, where she is now, she knows everything and is probably giving God no peace until I get a job!
Anyway, I am specifically praying for a job that will untilize my writing skills. I have a BA in English, and have done writitng for a local newspaper before. I am not limiting God to writing–I want to be open to anything He has for me. I know that I am not the only one trying to stay afloat in this economy, and to keep myself from getting totally self centered, I make it a point to pray for others in the same boat as I am.
I’ve been a jobseeker before, but this is the toughest time I’ve ever had doing it. I’m constantly fighting negative attitudes (“I’ll never get hired, I’ll lose my apartment, I’ll get stuck in another deadend job” etc.) My church family as well as my siblings try to encourage me, but it’s still tough. Just pray, OK?
