Prayer for repentance

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bdonoho
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bdonoho

Guest
I was reading about heaven and I really stumbled on the Catholic’s teaching on it. I think I’m struggling with worldly mindedness. After reading St Faustina’s visions, I don’t want to go to Hell, and I am grieved by the thoughts I’m having right now. I am afraid that I’m in mortal sin and I need to be delivered from it. I just thought a blasphemous thought against the Holy Spirit. Please pray for me.
 
I was reading about heaven and I really stumbled on the Catholic’s teaching on it. I think I’m struggling with worldly mindedness. After reading St Faustina’s visions, I don’t want to go to Hell, and I am grieved by the thoughts I’m having right now. I am afraid that I’m in mortal sin and I need to be delivered from it. I just thought a blasphemous thought against the Holy Spirit. Please pray for me.
Praying for you.
 
I have been reading The Imitation of Christ and it has helped me some.
Your thoughts are not sins if they are not entertained.
(anyone can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong)

My own brain gets so tied up in knots at times that I plunge myself in and out of hell a few hundred times a day. Thinking of that analogy, I kept wondering about a title I once heard for Mary, “The Undoer of knots” and there is a prayer and Novena associated with it.

Perhaps it will help?
I will look it up now. Am glad you are here, as I had become side-tracked in my search for it.

God bless.
 
My biggest problem is that while I don’t want to go to hell, there were these things I am afraid that I may not want to go to Heaven either. I just really need to repent. What should I do?
 
My biggest problem is that while I don’t want to go to hell, there were these things I am afraid that I may not want to go to Heaven either. I just really need to repent. What should I do?
I worry about that all the time. I think it’s part of scruples. Even if I do a good thing, I will get the thought in my head that I didn’t really do it out of love or whatever, but to benefit myself somehow. (So thus, I don’t really want to go to heaven, but what’s in it for me, etc… etc…)
So many on here have advised me to get a Spiritual Director, that I must pass that advice along to you. I beat me up constantly. I bet you do too.
What has happened recently is realizing that God really does love me, and you, and everyone.
He isn’t going to trick me (yes, I actually think that sometimes), he isn’t going to let me go to hell if I am doing all I know to do, and if you think you don’t want to go to heaven, then pray for that desire. Would God deny you that? Even Scripture tells us that God doesn’t want any of us to perish, so when you pray for the desire to go to heaven, I feel certain that desire will increase.

The prodigal son, when he turned back to go home to his father, remember, he did so because he was tired of suffering. His reasons weren’t exactly ‘perfect’, but the reception he received was beautiful, and that worked on his heart. The father was simply happy that his son was returning, for whatever reason.
 
May St. John Vianney intercede for you and help you find a good confessor to help you. St. John Vianney, pray for us. Amen.
 
I was reading about heaven and I really stumbled on the Catholic’s teaching on it. I think I’m struggling with worldly mindedness. After reading St Faustina’s visions, I don’t want to go to Hell, and I am grieved by the thoughts I’m having right now. I am afraid that I’m in mortal sin and I need to be delivered from it. I just thought a blasphemous thought against the Holy Spirit. Please pray for me.
I suggest you talk to your priest share your heart…you may not be able to receive the sacrament of reconciliation but you can still seek forgiveness from God. The priest can help you with that.

As a catechumen you are in a special order covered by the baptism of desire.

I just had my Sacrament of Reconciliation, I wanted to go for months now…I was in mortal sin…the priest told me because of my contrition and desire for the sacrament God had already forgiven me and he then absolved me.

Bottom line is prayer is powerful, it may help you to keep a journal. When a past sin comes to mind, pray for forgiveness, then write it down so you can confess it when you have opportunity. You can even do this after baptism. Baptism will wash away your sins but you can still talk to the priest about them after to help you accept Gods forgiveness.
 
Thank you all for your prayers. I did a rosary and have been trying to say acts of contrition. I was going to do the station of the cross. I also emailed my priest that I need to meet with him.
 
Bdonoho,

I just read over some of your posts, and your willingness to take and heed advice, your humility and gratitude, are all quite profound.

It seems your heart is definitely in the right place.

Will you pray for me?

Am keeping you in my prayers.
God bless and keep you always.
 
Unfortunately, I am not nearly as receptive as you imagine, as I can be quite obstinate in my own self-diagnosis even when better souls would say differently. I thank you for your kind words and I will certainly pray for you. Thank you very much for your kind words, and may God bless you.
 
I suggest you talk to your priest share your heart…you may not be able to receive the sacrament of reconciliation but you can still seek forgiveness from God. The priest can help you with that.

As a catechumen you are in a special order covered by the baptism of desire.

I just had my Sacrament of Reconciliation, I wanted to go for months now…I was in mortal sin…the priest told me because of my contrition and desire for the sacrament God had already forgiven me and he then absolved me.

Bottom line is prayer is powerful, it may help you to keep a journal. When a past sin comes to mind, pray for forgiveness, then write it down so you can confess it when you have opportunity. You can even do this after baptism. Baptism will wash away your sins but you can still talk to the priest about them after to help you accept Gods forgiveness.
Amen!
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top