Prayer intentions through the Holy Rosary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter amcintosh
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amcintosh

Guest
As I’ve said in previous posts, I’m new to the Church and technically still haven’t been initiated yet, but it’ll come in due time. Anyways, I’ve decided to do a daily Rosary because I kept getting mad at myself for not praying enough and not using the Rosary that a La Salette seminarian/brother was so generous to buy me over winter break. On this forum and on Catholic parts of Twitter or Facebook I see people offering up Rosaries for special intentions and I’m mainly asking how you do this. I do pray for my friends and try to lift up my prayer intentions for those who’ve asked me for it, but how do you do this while praying the Rosary? On each decade I try to meditate on the mystery of whichever day it is,and while I’m praying I think about those who to pray for but I just don’t know what you all do specifically to dedicate a Rosary to a specific intention. It’s not that I don’t have faith in the graces of Christ through Mary but I am new to Catholicism and want to dive deeper in as I wait to be fully initiated.

Thanks and God bless.
 
My way is to just describe all my intentions at the beginning of the Rosary. For example, “My intentions for this Rosary are to pray for the Vatican’s coronavirus intentions, the protection and preservation of our country, for T’s recovery from surgery this week, for myself as I deal with my difficult personal situation with XYZ, for the repose of the soul of C who died on Monday and for his family, for all those who were fired from Business 123 especially my friends A and B, and for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory.” Sometimes I also add blanket intentions like, “For all the persons and intentions I wrote on my prayer list”, or “For all the CAF Prayer intentions and all the souls listed in my Purgatorial Society” etc. Then I say the Rosary.

Some people like to offer each decade for a different intention, like before the first decade you would say, “I offer this decade for the soul of C who died and for his family” and before the second decade you would say “I offer this decade for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory” and before the third decade, “I offer this decade for all the CAF Prayer Intentions especially intention X and intention Y” etc. I myself don’t do it that way, but it’s fine if you want to do that.

You can have unlimited intentions for every Rosary. You aren’t limited to just one, or five, or whatever,

Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top