Prayer recommendations for stubborn people?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ash_Wednesday
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ash_Wednesday

Guest
Do you have saints or devotions that would be particularly effective in converting hard hearts and lukewarm souls? I started fasting 2 days a week during Lent but I’d be curious to know if anyone else has any other suggestions. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.
 
The Nine Day Novena to the Divine Mercy!

Best go straight to the source. Praying the chaplet for specific persons seems like a good idea, too.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/novena.htm

If you don’t have an image of the Divine Mercy, I’d recommend you get one for your home.

And read the diary!! 🙂
 
There are 2 books that are easy reads and deal with lukewarm people.
  1. Christianity Lite by Glen Berteau
  2. The Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel (this might be a harder sell to have them read because of the title)
Christianity Lite can be found on ebay for about $8 brand new
The Christian Atheist can be found on ebay for about $5 brand new

I’ve bought a lot of these books and given them out to the stubborn and lukewarm people that I know. Sadly, not much has changed with them. All we can do is keep trying and never give up on them. Only time will tell if they turn to the Holy Spirit.

It’s a scary thought knowing what will happen to the lukewarm in faith if they don’t change:
REVELATION 3:15-16
“I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!
 
Do you have saints or devotions that would be particularly effective in converting hard hearts and lukewarm souls? I started fasting 2 days a week during Lent but I’d be curious to know if anyone else has any other suggestions. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.
Just like praying for others we have relationship issues with, those we disagree with, and our enemies, when we pray for these people, we should not just pray that God change them to be just like us, but pray that God give them the same blessings we would want God to give us (or has already given us).

These blessings may be the impetus for conversion. God will not circumvent their free will and “make them convert”. But, hopefully, after considering the many blessings and graces they have received from God, they will, by their own free will, turn their hearts to the Lord.

So, instead of leaving their conversion only to God, perhaps through evangelization, you can make them aware that whatever blessings they have, have come from God. And, through your prayers to God to bestow more blessings on them, you will become the instrument of the Lord in helping them turn to the Lord.

Peace and all good!
 
St. Monica of Hippo, the mother of St. Augustine
prayed for YEARS before her son converted, after
living a VERY worldly life.
 
Do you have saints or devotions that would be particularly effective in converting hard hearts and lukewarm souls? I started fasting 2 days a week during Lent but I’d be curious to know if anyone else has any other suggestions. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.
The green scapular is one devotion that has these promises connected to the devotion:

… Conversion of those who do not have the faith
… Reconciliation to the Church for those who have lost/strayed from the faith
… Assurance of a happy death
… Strengthening of the faith for those already in the Church
… Protection from Satan for those who wear or promote the scapular

Notice that the first is… conversion.

But to receive a promise is to follow certain requirements.
… To say this prayer for the person every day, "Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us now and at the hour of our death.
… they must wear it or have it in their vicinity. It can put in under the mattress, behind a picture, in a vase, wallet, purse, in a chair, lining of a coat. It has to be around them.
… the scapular must be blessed.
… the person giving the sacapular or hiding it, must trust Mary to keep her word. That shouldn’t be hard.

The third promise is especially appealing, especially for those who are worried for themselves. Great idea to carry one and say the prayer each day.

I especially like the scapular because it has Mary’s backing who would never deceive us.

One thing to remember…she didn’t say when a promise would happen … just that it would.

“Great graces are often attached to what seems trifling.” St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top