N
Nichevo
Guest
We have been going from specialist to specialist over the past few months to determine what is wrong with our 4 year old daughter, Elizabeth’s, eyes. We were finally referred to a retina expert at the Chidren’s Hospital of Philadelphia on Friday.The initial diagnosis is gyrate atrophy which is gradual degeneration of the retina. It is a genetic disorder, (apparently my wife and I both carry it as a recessive trait), that currently has no cure. There is a treatment that retards the process but, the end result is blindness. We spent 7 hours Friday dealing with the retina expert and a geneticist. They are running more tests that we should results for in 6-8 weeks. I don’t know more at the moment.
I am a very infrequent poster here, (occupation makes it difficult) but I am asking for your prayers for our daughter. Thank you and God Bless.
Anthony
I am a very infrequent poster here, (occupation makes it difficult) but I am asking for your prayers for our daughter. Thank you and God Bless.
Anthony
