C
ContegoFides
Guest
Please pray for me and my wife, we need it badly.
My unbaptized, still mostly anti-Catholic wife has agreed to see a priest, our pastor, for a second time on Thursday. The first time she went alone, the second time will be with me.
She has been quite pointed about the fact she has strong reservations about “fully joining” the Church, but she is considering getting baptized. Honestly, she still doesn’t really understand what that means. She is pregnant, and might have a difficult birth, and so might obtain dispensation to be baptized outside of normal catechism classes due to the risk to her life. If she chooses this path I will support this as I hope the actual graces of baptism will carry her deeper into union with Jesus, and in the worst case scenario give her a better hope for salvation.
Please bear in mind that it is impossible for me to educate her in the Faith. Her response is always to cut me off in an extremely angry manner, no matter how honestly and lovingly I try to explain that the Church is about love. My wife has issues with anger and there is a lot of hate in her heart; she is the kind of person that holds grudges nearly forever. Despite this, we have what is otherwise a good relationship and we have a beautiful 6 year old daughter, and another miracle on the way.
Because she is seeing a wonderful priest, I am hoping that maybe the Holy Spirit can reach her through him. Maybe changing the messenger will help.
Anyway, please pray that the Holy Spirit will guide her home. I KNOW that He can reach her. If St. Paul can be converted from killing Christians to one of the most powerful evangalizers, then my wife can be converted too.
I figure more prayers can only help.
Thank you.
My unbaptized, still mostly anti-Catholic wife has agreed to see a priest, our pastor, for a second time on Thursday. The first time she went alone, the second time will be with me.
She has been quite pointed about the fact she has strong reservations about “fully joining” the Church, but she is considering getting baptized. Honestly, she still doesn’t really understand what that means. She is pregnant, and might have a difficult birth, and so might obtain dispensation to be baptized outside of normal catechism classes due to the risk to her life. If she chooses this path I will support this as I hope the actual graces of baptism will carry her deeper into union with Jesus, and in the worst case scenario give her a better hope for salvation.
Please bear in mind that it is impossible for me to educate her in the Faith. Her response is always to cut me off in an extremely angry manner, no matter how honestly and lovingly I try to explain that the Church is about love. My wife has issues with anger and there is a lot of hate in her heart; she is the kind of person that holds grudges nearly forever. Despite this, we have what is otherwise a good relationship and we have a beautiful 6 year old daughter, and another miracle on the way.
Because she is seeing a wonderful priest, I am hoping that maybe the Holy Spirit can reach her through him. Maybe changing the messenger will help.
Anyway, please pray that the Holy Spirit will guide her home. I KNOW that He can reach her. If St. Paul can be converted from killing Christians to one of the most powerful evangalizers, then my wife can be converted too.
I figure more prayers can only help.
Thank you.