D
DavidJoseph
Guest
Does anyone here ever say a prayer of some kind (especially a Marian prayer) when putting on their scapular?
i was told to kiss my scapular when i say “through the immaculate heart of mary”Oh my Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, for my sins and for the sins of the whole world.
“Sed induite Dominum Iesum Christum.” * O Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary, I consecrate myself to you today. Clothe me in virtue: *. Strip away my sinfulness: *. May all who meet me see not me, but Christ, for “He must increase and I must decrease.” ****
- Translation: “put on our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 13:14)
** (John 3:30)
When I put on my Brown Scapular I kiss it as a sign of my love, devotion and consecration to the Blessed Mary. I have prayers I say when I put on my Miraculous Medal and Green Scapular too, the prayers that traditionally go along with them. “Immaculate heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death” is the prayer that goes along with the Green Scapular…and “Oh Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you and for all who do not have recourse to you, especially for the enemies of Holy Mother Church and those recommended to you” is the prayer that goes along with the Miraculous Medal.Does anyone here ever say a prayer of some kind (especially a Marian prayer) when putting on their scapular?
We learned this in the 4th grade for our morning prayers but we opened with “O Jesus,” instead of “Oh my Jesus.” “Oh my Jesus” would confuse us and we’d end up saying the “Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell…”Oh my Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, for my sins and for the sins of the whole world.
I would suggest that for your next confession… you make a special appointment with your priest. That way, you can have father’s attention for a bit longer (without worrying about the line of people, outsideIt is hard to get priests to take time to do things that are pre-Vatican 2, it seems like.