Prayer.

  • Thread starter Thread starter erik_none
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erik_none

Guest
I’d like to know what you guys do for prayer. Do you do anything as far as body movements? Prayer cards? Statues? Anything at all.

I try to kneel or prostrate when I can (I’m considering getting a prayer rug), use cards, hold my rosary, I always have a small statue of Mother and a few Saints cards that have been blessed for prayer and protection. I’m going to get a small mat to place them on while they’re on my desk at work.

What about you guys?
 
Almighty God, who gave to your servant George boldness to Confess the Name of our Saviour Jesus Christ before the rulers of this world, and courage to die for this faith: Grant that we may always be ready to give a reason for the hope that is in us, and to suffer gladly for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
 
Before my joints got messed up, I would kneel on the floor in front of our sofa. I would have my bible open to what I was reading, put my scarf over my head, it felt like a little prayer closet. I would sometimes rock back and forth, sometimes raise my hands in the air in reverence. Open handed, closed hands, palms together…all different hand gestures. At times I was led to get up and dance and sing. After a while, I danced so much, I got a tambourine and danced with that.

Now that I’m chronically ill, I lay in bed and use the rosary beads and do my prayers that way. I usually hold the beads in one hand and move them along with my fingers while my other hand is opened in the air towards God in worship.

No prayer cards, no statues. I pray as it comes to mind. I do a lot of praying in song and humming/singing praises, I make up the songs (words and melody) as I go along. My eyes are usually closed or if opened they seem to be sky-ward.

First time I’ve ever told that. Seems so special. I do cherish every memory of it.
 
Before my joints got messed up, I would kneel on the floor in front of our sofa. I would have my bible open to what I was reading, put my scarf over my head, it felt like a little prayer closet. I would sometimes rock back and forth, sometimes raise my hands in the air in reverence. Open handed, closed hands, palms together…all different hand gestures. At times I was led to get up and dance and sing. After a while, I danced so much, I got a tambourine and danced with that.

Now that I’m chronically ill, I lay in bed and use the rosary beads and do my prayers that way. I usually hold the beads in one hand and move them along with my fingers while my other hand is opened in the air towards God in worship.

No prayer cards, no statues. I pray as it comes to mind. I do a lot of praying in song and humming/singing praises, I make up the songs (words and melody) as I go along. My eyes are usually closed or if opened they seem to be sky-ward.

First time I’ve ever told that. Seems so special. I do cherish every memory of it.
Beautiful. Prayer is an amazing thing. It can be done so many ways. I’m glad you have a way that is special to you… May Mother bless you with her graces.
 
I prefer to kneel.

I have the image of the Divine Mercy of Jesus which helps me focus a bit more.

I like to pray novenas.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top