M
mfundis
Guest
I am at a loss as to what to do. I just returned from a parish council meeting, and our sacramental minister (he’s not our pastor, our pastor is a lay woman) just spent half an hour talking to us about how he wishes that we had married priest (which, believe it or not, I could live with) and married women priest- which isn’t possible. I know their are a lot of crazy things going on out there, and I suppose it could be worse, but it took everything I had not to throw up I was so upset.
I’ve always known that I was in a progressive parish. That’s part of the reason that I got involved in parish life, thinking that perhaps I could help stem the tide. I beginning to wonder if that was just stupid pride and that I’m kidding myself that I can help. I teach 7-8th grade catechism and it’s confirmation year, and my oldest daughter is in the class. I’m to the point that I want to cut and run- but then I have to think of the kids.
There was an incident the other day that, in the PARISH BULLETIN, there was a notice of a talk given by the woman “priest” from Spiritu Christi (I think that’s were she’s from). I’ve gone to the parish admin, and she seemed sympathetic- but I’m beginning to think that I’m being patted on the head like a child.
It’s not as if I’m a “rad trad” either. I play guitar at mass, but now I kneel during the consecration while most (not all) stand. I don’t know if it’s a good idea for me to do that though- it’s almost like I’m calling attention to myself…
Sorry to rant- I’m just feeling very very alone.
I’ve always known that I was in a progressive parish. That’s part of the reason that I got involved in parish life, thinking that perhaps I could help stem the tide. I beginning to wonder if that was just stupid pride and that I’m kidding myself that I can help. I teach 7-8th grade catechism and it’s confirmation year, and my oldest daughter is in the class. I’m to the point that I want to cut and run- but then I have to think of the kids.
There was an incident the other day that, in the PARISH BULLETIN, there was a notice of a talk given by the woman “priest” from Spiritu Christi (I think that’s were she’s from). I’ve gone to the parish admin, and she seemed sympathetic- but I’m beginning to think that I’m being patted on the head like a child.
It’s not as if I’m a “rad trad” either. I play guitar at mass, but now I kneel during the consecration while most (not all) stand. I don’t know if it’s a good idea for me to do that though- it’s almost like I’m calling attention to myself…
Sorry to rant- I’m just feeling very very alone.