Prayers For A Potential Convert

  • Thread starter Thread starter InLoveOfTruth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

InLoveOfTruth

Guest
Hello all. I am a junior in college, currently an agnostic or at best a deist. However, a recently class on philosophy has gotten in me interested in religion, especially Catholicism.

As a humanities student, I am most interested, as my user-name implies, in what is true–in discovering it, and then in proclaiming and defending it. Over the next year, I plan on reading several philosophical and apologetical texts, along with the Bible itself, in hopes of figuring out whether I believe your religion to be true or not. During that time, I would ask you to pray to your God for me, to pray that I might be led to truth, and live long enough and see clearly enough to reach it. Kind of vague, I know, but I’d really appreciate it. It’s been a difficult time in my life, and I’m hoping that my religious quest will bring me some sense of fulfillment and purpose.

Thanks!!
 
With pleasure my friend! 👍

As this holy saint has said…

St. Benedict of Nursia
ca. 480-547

Gracious and Holy Father,
Please give me:
intellect to understand you,
reason to discern you,
diligence to seek you,
wisdom to find you,
a spirit to know you,
a heart to meditate upon you,
ears to hear you,
eyes to see you,
a tongue to proclaim you,
a way of life pleasing to you,
patience to wait for you
and perseverance to look for you.

Grant me a perfect end,
your holy presence,
a blessed resurrection
and life everlasting.

Amen. ***
 
Praying for you and all who struggle with this.

Prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas

Grant us, O Lord my God,
a mind to know you,
a heart to seek you,
wisdom to find you,
conduct pleasing to you,
faithful perseverance in waiting for you,
and a hope of finally embracing you.

Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
 
***Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:***
 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†
 
Hello all. I am a junior in college, currently an agnostic or at best a deist. However, a recently class on philosophy has gotten in me interested in religion, especially Catholicism.

As a humanities student, I am most interested, as my user-name implies, in what is true–in discovering it, and then in proclaiming and defending it. Over the next year, I plan on reading several philosophical and apologetical texts, along with the Bible itself, in hopes of figuring out whether I believe your religion to be true or not. During that time, I would ask you to pray to your God for me, to pray that I might be led to truth, and live long enough and see clearly enough to reach it. Kind of vague, I know, but I’d really appreciate it. It’s been a difficult time in my life, and I’m hoping that my religious quest will bring me some sense of fulfillment and purpose.

Thanks!!
Prayers to our Heavenly Mother that you will trust God and say “yes” to His will just as she did and that your journey will be complete:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Also, these links I thought were interesting and you may as well:

olgcparish.net/education/true_magnificence.html

catholicity.com/baltimore-catechism/lesson01.html

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=7046&T1=Patrick+Madrid

youtube.com/watch?v=EXIWMh7v3Kg
 
Praying for you from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 119
XIV (Nun) A meditation on God’s law
This is my commandment: that you should love one another ( John 15:12).

Your word is a lamp for my steps
and a light for my path.
I have sworn and have made up my mind
to obey your decrees.

Ant. Your word, O Lord, is the lantern to light our way, alleluia.

Lord, I am deeply afflicted:
by your word give me life.
Accept, Lord, the homage of my lips
and teach me your decrees.

Ant. Your word, O Lord, is the lantern to light our way, alleluia.

Though I carry my life in my hands,
I remember your law.
Though the wicked try to ensnare me
I do not stray from your precepts.

Ant. Your word, O Lord, is the lantern to light our way, alleluia.

Your will is my heritage for ever,
the joy of my heart.
I set myself to carry out your will
in fullness, for ever.

Ant. Your word, O Lord, is the lantern to light our way, alleluia.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
– as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

Psalm-prayer

Let your Word, Father, be a lamp for our feet and a light to our path, so that we may understand what you wish to teach us and follow the path your light marks out for us.

Ant. Your word, O Lord, is the lantern to light our way, alleluia.

Ant. 2 When I see your face, O Lord, I shall know the fullness of joy, alleluia.

…
 
We will keep you in our prayers, and share the prayer of Pope Paul VI:

Lord, I believe:

I wish to believe in You.

Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved, and let it penetrate my thought and my way of judging Divine things and human things.

Lord, let my faith be joyful and give peace and gladness to my spirit, and dispose it for prayer with God and conversation with men, so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession may shine forth in sacred and secular conversations.

Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume to be based on the experience of my thought and of my feeling, but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, and not have any better guarantee than docility to tradition and to the authority of the Magisterium of Holy Church.

Amen

Pope Paul V!
1963-1978

It reminds me that, like all Christians, we are seeking to follow the Word and Way of Jesus, as best we can understand and fulfill, imperfect, but seeking purity. May God’s Blessings be with you.
 
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
 
I bind all interfering demons that block this person’s ears , eyes and heat in the name if Jesus Christ, With power and authority given me in Bible I ask that those demons manifest themselves and leave them and never come back until Jesus Christ comes back and judge them

In Jesus Name
 
Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell, satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen
 
Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.
 
Divine Mercy Conversion Prayer
From the Diary of Saint Faustina…

Jesus said: ** “The prayer most pleasing to Me is the prayer for conversion. Know, My daughter, that this prayer is always heard and answered."**

**“When you say this prayer, with a contrite heart and with faith on behalf of some sinner, I will give that soul the grace of conversion. This is the prayer:

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You."**

O Blood and Water,
which gushed forth
from the Heart of Jesus
as a Fount of Mercy for us,
I trust in You.

O Blood and Water,
which gushed forth
from the Heart of Jesus
as a Fount of Mercy for us,
I trust in You.

O Blood and Water,
which gushed forth
from the Heart of Jesus
as a Fount of Mercy for us,
I trust in You.
 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:
 
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
 
With pleasure my friend! 👍

As this holy saint has said…

St. Benedict of Nursia
ca. 480-547

Gracious and Holy Father,
Please give me:
intellect to understand you,
reason to discern you,
diligence to seek you,
wisdom to find you,
a spirit to know you,
a heart to meditate upon you,
ears to hear you,
eyes to see you,
a tongue to proclaim you,
a way of life pleasing to you,
patience to wait for you
and perseverance to look for you.

Grant me a perfect end,
your holy presence,
a blessed resurrection
and life everlasting.

Amen. ***
AMEN
 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:

x 3
 
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
 
Jesus, each time I look at the Sacred Host, sancify my eyes, that they may close more and more to all that is merely earthly.
Jesus, each time I look at the sacred Host, send a ray of Divine Light into my soul, that I may better know You and myself.
Jesus, each time I look at the sacred Host, send a flame of Divine Love into my heart to consume everything in it that is displeasing to You and to set it all on fire with Your love.
Now and in eternity may my only desire be to contemplate the infinite beauty of Your Divine Countenance which delights the angels.
Amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top