M
mhuff1
Guest
I have recently caught my boyfriend in a lie. We have been having problems for some time now, but we both agreed to work through them. For the past few weeks, he was telling me that he was sick, throat was hurting, and couldn’t talk much. He even told me that he was in the hospital for a few days to account for the days that I couldn’t get in touch with him.
Then I found it out was all a lie…and that there is nothing even wrong with his voice. I learned quite a few things about him in the past few days. A person that I loved with all my heart for over a year, who I thought I really knew…was someone that I really didn’t know at all. The whole relationship has been a lie and I now have reason to believe that he has been cheating on me for months. Which would explain the reason things have been going downhill.
But he always made it seem like it was my fault we were arguing so much. That if he was “making the effort” and things didn’t change, then it had to be me.
Lately it just seems like he’s just waiting for me to break up with him so he doesn’t have to do it.
Anyhow, to cut to the chase, I am hurting and feel like such a fool for letting him string me along and play me like that.
In the past few weeks, I have turned back to my faith after a 10 year hiatus. I have been looking for a way to heal. Right now I’m so angry and hurt and just want him to hurt as much as I’m hurting. But I can see that it’s not bothering him at all and I’m only hurting myself. I’m truely scared of being alone.
I have been praying hard for help through all these emotions and for God to show me the way.
I ask for your help in prayer so that I may find my way.
I would also like to ask for anyone’s reference on a good book that I could reference or read to help me through this time and daily trials in my life. I’ve started out with a good one - Saintly Solutions - but there’s nothing in there for mending a broken heart.
Thank you,
Maria
Then I found it out was all a lie…and that there is nothing even wrong with his voice. I learned quite a few things about him in the past few days. A person that I loved with all my heart for over a year, who I thought I really knew…was someone that I really didn’t know at all. The whole relationship has been a lie and I now have reason to believe that he has been cheating on me for months. Which would explain the reason things have been going downhill.
But he always made it seem like it was my fault we were arguing so much. That if he was “making the effort” and things didn’t change, then it had to be me.
Lately it just seems like he’s just waiting for me to break up with him so he doesn’t have to do it.
Anyhow, to cut to the chase, I am hurting and feel like such a fool for letting him string me along and play me like that.
In the past few weeks, I have turned back to my faith after a 10 year hiatus. I have been looking for a way to heal. Right now I’m so angry and hurt and just want him to hurt as much as I’m hurting. But I can see that it’s not bothering him at all and I’m only hurting myself. I’m truely scared of being alone.
I have been praying hard for help through all these emotions and for God to show me the way.
I ask for your help in prayer so that I may find my way.
I would also like to ask for anyone’s reference on a good book that I could reference or read to help me through this time and daily trials in my life. I’ve started out with a good one - Saintly Solutions - but there’s nothing in there for mending a broken heart.
Thank you,
Maria
